+6 votes
So in our Hindi movie industry we have so many stars and superstars but they need to be actors first. I have identified these 5 qualities or attributes if you will to determine how the current superstars (only) rate on that scale and who comes on top.

This is not at all a ctritique of their acting prowess. I don't think I'm capable of that or for that matter many of us. It's just my opinion from what I have seen. I have watched them from childhood and I have a bit of a, you know, opinion about them.

Salman Khan:

Comedy: 3.5/5 (has that natural charm and timing)

Action: 4.5/5 (One of the best action superstars here)

Romance: 3/5 (Its a hit and miss, mostly looks shy and uncomfortable doing romance. Maybe the only current superstar who hasnt kissed on screen)

Intensity: 4/5 (He has that)

Sheer Effort: 2/5 (its sporadic, he gives 5/5 in Sultan but a miserable 0.5 in Race 3)

Total: 17/25

--------------------------------------------------------------

SRK:

Comedy: 3/5 (Used to be a lot funny during MHN times but not much now)

Action: 4.5/5 (I think he does it the best after Akki, but under utilsied)

Romance: 4.5/5 (The king of Romance everyone)

Intensity: 4.5/5 (Can anyone argue here?)

Sheer Effort: 3/5 (should get a 5 but right now he's just promoting his VFX company)

Total: 19.5/25

Aamir Khan:

Comedy:3/5 (He's alright)

Action: 3.5/5 (Was amazing in Ghajini but we havent seen much of it)

Romance: 3/5 (Hes decent here too)

Intensity: 3.5/5 (Dhoom 3 reduces 0.5 points)

Sheer Effort: 5/5 (The best of his generation PERIOD)

Total: 18/25

Hritik Roshan:

Comedy: 3/5 (Again he has that charm but not much utilised)

Action: 4/5 (Alright, nuff said)

Romance: 3.5/5 (He's great but it bums me out when those 6 fingers come on screen :D JK)

Intensity: 4.5/5 (My favourite performance of all time in Hindi movies is his Vijay Chauhan)

Sheer Effort: 4/5 (Call it effort or laziness but he puts a lot of thought into what he does. Like unnecessarily long :D)

Total: 19/25

Askhay Kumar:

Comedy:5/5 (The dude exudes humour. Maybe over exposure on Kapil Sharma show for me has ruined it a bit but Bhool Bhulaiya! Damn, I'm ready to see Karthik Aryan ruin a childhood classic for me)

Action: 5/5 (He's called Khiladi eh!)

Romance: 2.5/5 (He is not much of a romancer :D )

Intensity: 3/5 (Khaaki was great but we havent seen much of that since then)

Sheer Effort: 2/5 (Hard to argue here. 4 movies a year. You can't really put too much effort that way)

Total: 17.5/25

Ajay Devgn:

Comedy:3/5 (He's not that funny when he's alone on screen but compliments very well around others like in Golmaal)

Action: 4/5 (We all knew how he'd turn up after that stunt he pulled off on two bikes in his first movie)

Romance: 2.5/5 (Again, not much of a romancer)

Intensity: 4.5/5 (He can literally bend a spoon with his eyes!)

Sheer Effort: 3/5 (he put a lot of effort for Shivaay and Tanhaji. Well shivaay was more of a director effort but still )

Total: 17/25

I do think Ranbir should be here but I havent seen enough of him. His movies which I have seen are BAH, Besharam and YJHD so not enough data. But based on what I have, it would seem partial so thats that.

So final rating goes,

1. SRK (19.5/25) I had little doubts here

2.  Hritik Roshan: 19/25 Totally deserves it

3. Aamir Khan (18/25) was low key expecting him to win

4. Akshay Kumar (17.5/25) Hmmmm

5. Ajay Devgn (17/25) Expected

6. Salman Khan (17/25) Now I know he should be joint 4th but as a fan I feel so cheated and frustrated when I see someone who can be right up there with the best, churning out mediocre performances like Dabangg3 time after time.
in Cinematic Discussion by Assistant Director (53.9k points)
reshown by

And for the ranking in terms of stardom, the post speaks for itself :)

5 Answers

+1 vote

Salman:
Comedy- 5/5.
Aamir:
Intensity: 4/5
Ajay:
Action-4.5/5

by Producer (114k points)
+1 vote

Good post. As far as HR goes, he is weak at comedy. Though I hope he gives one more shot at it.

by Mega Star (226k points)
+1 vote

Thank You for understanding SRK's underrated Action credentials amd unfulfilled potential.

And it's a mystery to me about how a person who is so witty in real life can be underutilized so much in comedy on screen.

And SRK should get 5 on effort..... His efforts in promoting his vfx are second to none (rofl) (rofl)

by All Time best! (269k points)

Most of the times the people who are actually great in comedy films aren't that witty in real life. They are quite serious actually.

0 votes

Good rating...but how aamir and hr same in comedy..aamir deserves better. Perfect for SRK.

by Producer (115k points)

both are good in subtle humour.. but slapstick comedy is where they lack something

–1 vote

Srk
Comedy - 2/5
Action-2/5
Romance-5/5
Intensity-4. 5/5
Sheer effort-3. 5/5
Total-17/25

Aamir
Comedy-4. 5/5
Action-3/5
Romance-3. 5/5