0 votes

Bobby Simha in Jigarthanda [Tamil - Original]

Ravi Shankar in Jigarthanda [Kannada - first remake]

Varun Tej in Gaddalakonda Ganesh [Telugu - Second Remake]

Source Link: https://mobile.twitter.com/taran_adarsh/status/1347062520498950144
in Upcoming Releases by All Time best! (302k points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Great first look! By far one of his best looks in the last few years. I would rate it 2nd best after Bell Bottom.

This movie keeps getting bigger and massier. If the film is a scene by scene remake of Jigarthanda, which was a well received film, then this film can score Big numbers.

When you have a main star cast like Akshay, Arshad, Kriti and Jacqueline with supporting actors like Pankaj Tripathi, Prateik Babbar, Abhimanyu Singh and the guy who played a drunkard in Chhichhore (don't know his name), it sure is a Blockbuster.

Only Nolan Farhad Samji can single handedly destroy a film. If the film is well made and does well at the box office, then the stakes of KEKD will increase big time.

Interesting times ahead.

by Location Scout (4.9k points)

The 200cr of Housefull 4 didn't raise the stakes for Farhad & Bachchan Pandey, it isn't happening for KEKD.

Would've supported Farhad [but his best work came out of his pairing with Sajid aka Sajid-Farhad], if he was not too over his head & provided his writing skills had not gone downhill. But with the likes of Coolie No.1 remake & Laxmii, which suffered solely coz of his writing mainly, can't really pitch in my support for him anymore. Otherwise Sajid-Farhad gave Ready [though I hated it, majority liked it], Singham,Chennai Express & Boss.. Ever since Entertainment, they've just stopped giving good content. Post split toh it's been Housefull 3 level.

This will mostly consider Gaddalakonda Ganesh as source material & not Tamil original.

Yes when Sajid and Farhad worked together, they did a good job. I enjoyed Ready, that's one of my favourite Salman films since 2010. Singham, Simmba, HF2, a few portions of the Golmaal films are also good.

HF3 was a very bland film, and post their split, Farhad has stooped to a new low.

Somehow his dialogues aren't in his usual sing song poetic manner when he teams up with Rohit Shetty, so I am not too worried about Sooryavanshi. The Hindu-Muslim angle annoyed me the most in Laxmii and the CGI portions, otherwise the film wasn't as bad as HF4 in my opinion. Coolie No 1 was an embarrassment of epic proportions!

I haven't seen Gaddalakonda Ganesh so can't make the comparison, but Jigarthanda seems to be quite different from BP. One they have changed the gender of Siddharth's character to Kriti Sanon. And with Farhad putting his inputs, don't know what is going to happen.

He is NGE's poster boy for now and for Salman and Nadiadwala to have faith him in for HF4, BP and KEKD, the least he can do is to re pay the faith and make 2 decent films. Not much to ask for lol.

Akki's and Salman's star power will ensure a success for each film anyhow.

No related questions found