settingsLogin | Registersettings
Show Menu

21st December - The day the likes of Taare Zameen Par, Welcome, Dabangg 2, KGF: Chapter 1 & Zero released.

0 votes

13 Years of TAARE ZAMEEN PAR - 

Cast - Darsheel Safary, Aamir Khan, Tisca Chopra

Director - Aamir Khan

Production House - Aamir Khan Productions

Verdict - SUPER HIT

13 Years of WELCOME - 

Cast - Akshay Kumar, Katrina Kaif, Nana Patekar, Anil Kapoor, Paresh Rawal, Mallika Sherwat & Feroz Khan

Director - Anees Bazmee

Production House - Base Industries Group

Verdict - SUPER HIT

8 Years of DABANGG 2

Cast - Salman Khan, Sonakshi Sinha, Arbaaz Khan, Vinod Khanna & Prakash Raj

Director - Arbaaz Khan

Production House - Arbaaz Khan Productions Pvt Ltd

Verdict - BLOCKBUSTER

2 Years of KGF: CHAPTER 1

Cast - Yash, Srinidhi Shetty, Anant Nag,Vasishta N Simha

Director - Prashanth Neel

Production House - Hombale Films

Verdict - ALL TIME BLOCKBUSTER in Kannada

2 Years of ZERO

Cast - Shah Rukh Khan, Anushka Sharma, Katrina Kaif

Director: Aanand L Rai

Production House - Red Chillies Entertainment & Colour Yellow Picture Ltd

Verdict - FLOP

in General Queries by All Time best! (300k points)

3 Answers

0 votes

My ratings wise

Tzp>KGF>Welcome>Dabangg2>Zero

Well I have experienced only KGF and Zero in theaters, during both I have seen extreme reactions.
During Zero, I saw audience walking out of the theaters in disgust way before the climax and theaters turning into a stadium during KGF.
People are betting high on KGF hindi version but don't forget the telugu version, looking at phenomenal wom of it's first half, Telugu states will be on fire during part2.

Dabangg2, well I remember excitement during it's release, everyday we used to discuss about it's collection in School. Though I haven't seen it in theaters but can imagine the situation here.

Welcome one of the wellmade comedy movies by Anees.
Tzp was my most favorite movie of that year.

by Executive Producer (66.1k points)
0 votes

Taare Zameen Par is personal favorite and fruitful date for both my favorite actors,Anil Kapoor and Salman Khan

by Producer (113k points)
0 votes

TZP and Welcome releasing on the same day and both becoming Super Hits and top grossers of that year!

One film is one of the most emotional movies of all time and the other has gained a cult classic in the comedy genre. This was a brilliant day at the box office that year.

If I remember correctly, Welcome was declared a Blockbuster by BOI then reduced to Super Hit. Still, one of Akki's highest FFs and one of my personal favourites.

Dabangg 2 being a very mediocre product worked because of Salman's star power. However this film now is a much better film after watching the 3rd installment. A good 2cr footfalls for this one.

The surprise was definitely KGF and Zero. For zero to not even touch 20cr even before the first day public review was out was extremely shocking. I was expecting a 30cr+ minimum, irrespective of the reviews.

KGF kept getting bigger and bigger day by day and now is one of tbe most watched films on television and the sequel is highly anticipated. Who would have thought that a Kannada film would be able to sustain in front of a SRK film and a Rohit Shetty film in the 2nd week. Great stuff!

by Location Scout (4.6k points)