settingsLogin | Registersettings
Show Menu

14 Years of DHOOM 2. Share your experience of watching it for the first time.

+2 votes

Source Link: https://boxofficeindia.com/movie.php?movieid=176
in General Queries by All Time best! (300k points)

5 Answers

0 votes

Best answer

Watched it on the 2nd day of release. It was a good watch, with the obvious flaws which still annoys me to date.

I would rate the 1st movie the best in the franchise in terms of storyline and thrill. This film is much better in terms of style, mainly because of Hrithik. His looks are perfect for such roles. He showed the same kind of class in War.

The first half was really good, if we keep the flaws aside. 2nd half is really slow and only picks up towards the end. The romantic angle bored me, something which YRF tend to add unnecessarily in their films. Ek Tha Tiger is another example; concentrating more on the romance angle in an action film.

Also, I remember there were rumours of HR's character having a plastic surgery and he is actually John Abraham from the first part. I read this before watching the movie and kept waiting for that moment to come in the theatres lol. Now I am happy that there was no such twist.

This movie really paved the path for Hrithik and would have attained the number 1 spot in no time. Krrish and Dhoom 2 in the same year, top 2 highest opening day, weekend, week and narrowly missed out on top 2 grossers for 2006 (Lage Raho Munnabhai came in 2nd).

Alas his choices post this film dropped drastically and he barely releases a film a year.

Though the series has been super successful, they should only make a 4th part if they have a huge bankable star who can help them get those big numbers. In addition to this, a good director and script writer. Victor really messed up Dhoom 3, which looked more stylish than Dhoom 2 from the first looks, but the overall execution was terrible, again because of the romance angle.

by Location Scout (4.6k points)
selected by
0 votes

I waited to watch this 1st time on Set Max & it was total worth.
No other actor in bollywood had ever looked so good on screen.
Hrithik took the Dhoom franchise to another level with his style, charisma, action & stunts.
I just loved the film for its heist scenes, bike chasings etc.

Terrific Entertainer..

Hrithik was at his best coming after another big Blockbuster Krrish.
Earlier it was 9/10 but now it's 8/10 for the movie & 10/10* for Hrithik!

by Producer (118k points)
0 votes

The most entertaining movie in the franchisee only because of one man...HR. He owned this movie big time. Script and content wise the 1st was the best though imo.

by Mega Star (225k points)
0 votes

Liked first half, hated second half.

by All Time best! (268k points)
0 votes

Not better than dhoom 3.

by Set Designer (1.8k points)