May -          Laawaris

June -        Gadar or Sangam

July -          Waqt

August -      Sholay

September - Bobby

October -       MKS

November -    Mard

December -    Coolie

Note -  Correct me if i miss any movie.  I am not sure about march month.
in Box Office Discussions by Casting Director (18.7k points)
edited by

2 Answers

+2 votes

3 Biggest hits of All time i.e Sholay, MEA, HAHK were released in the same month of August.

Also, in December, Maine pyar kiya would be there. MPK was Biggest hit of the decade and was an ATBB. so an ATBB is bigger than Super Blockbuster coolie. Even Footfall wise MPK was greater than coolie. Average Ticket price remained stagnant in last 80s due to piracy so the rate of Coolie and MPK wont be much. ofcourse, it wont be same but not by a margin. MPK is over 5cr Footfall. Coolie is over 4.50cr.

by Location Manager (5.3k points)

BOI has announced the footfall of MPK which is 4cr approx.......... may be 4.25 cr max.

Q. How would you compare the Agneepath of 1990 and of 2012 in terms of footfalls as that is best comparison between two different time scales?A. In terms of footfalls there is not much difference as the first one had around 1.25 crore and the new one will have 1.5 crore but it has to be looked in the context of what was happening in the period of releases. We have had a dwindling audience in terms of theatres goers since the mid 80’s when video got going and it is has continued till date due to piracy gaining steam and cinema becoming unaffordable to a lot of the potential audience. In 1990, Agneepath had around 1.25 crore footfalls but a big blockbuster like Maine Pyaar Kiya released around the same time had 4 crore footfalls while Agneepath (2012) has 1.50 crore footfalls and big blockbuster like Three Idiots today has 2.8 crore footfalls.M Bedi

At one point of time, Gadar was Bigger than HAHK then BOI increased Real HAHK collections and Footfall.

Maine pyar kiya Gross will be increased like that. It will be over 5cr for sure. just like they increases for every other films Footfall. Many other trade site Said MPK did over 15cr, BOI had 14 cr in Old so we can expect it to increase to 16cr.

+1 vote

December, Maine Pyar Kiya

by Producer (114k points)

No related questions found