settingsLogin | Registersettings
Show Menu

Film Announcement - Rohit Shetty & Ranveer Singh's Cirkus

+1 vote
It's Official. Not Golmaal 5, not Singham 3. Rohit Shetty and Ranveer Singh will be collaborating in the remake of Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors titled "Cirkus". The play has already been remade as Angoor in 1982.

Co stars Varun Sharma, Jaqueline Fernandez and Pooja Hegde. Winter 2021 Release.

https://twitter.com/taran_adarsh/status/1318031721456050177
Source Link: https://twitter.com/taran_adarsh/status/1318031721456050177
in Upcoming Releases by Location Scout (4.6k points)

So Ranveer is cementing his journey perfectly.

83 has been negatively impacted but that won't affect Ranveer for long. For some reason, I hoped Varun Dhawan to sign the film but guess he couldn't crack the deal. Angoor is a terrific concept that can work even today. Ulta Palta the Kannada gem which was also based on The Comedy of Errors has been an all time favorite.

Double Di Trouble starring Dharmendra & Gippy too was based on it. So with Rohit Shetty, one can expect a madcap entertainer. If he can reap gold with Golmaal Again, then this is sureshot winner. Hope he does better work than he did with Bol Bachchan.

6 Answers

+1 vote

Best answer

I wish Gurudutt Raj kapoor and Bimal Roy were alive today to see the sheer magnificience of Rohit Shetty movies and cult performance by Ranveer Singh giving a 250 cr blockbuster

by Art Director (2.9k points)
selected by
0 votes

Rohit has worked with Ajay, Akshay etc, now again lowering his standards by working with this overacting machine. Just why ?

by Mega Star (225k points)

My choice. I like to cry everywhere.

I get your feelings and your hatred for the younger generation actors. But I expect Ranveer to give more Hits and Blockbusters in the future.

He has a good line up of releases with big production houses. 83 (though the buzz is almost non-existent now), Jayeshbhai Jordaar, this film, and there are talks about a Dharma movie and another rom-com with Alia Bhatt. Can't say much about Takht as there are no updates from that.

But I feel he will continue on this goodwill and keep giving hits. And expect this film to also be another 200cr film minimum

+1

so why is the hypocrisy when older songs are remix for the sake of views and profit , then everyone cries and blames them
but when older classic movies get a garbage remake with ludicrous overacting then people justify it by saying it will work at the box office

this forum make it seems like Rohit shetty is the greatest director ever

No one is justifying anything. Even remix songs are working and getting millions of views and likes on YouTube. The same for remake of movies.

If there is an audience out there who want to watch such movies, then it will encourage them to keep making such films as it's an easy formula to success. Why else would a HF4 or Baaghi 3 or Dabangg 3 ever be made then.

About Rohit Shetty being the greatest director, he has cracked the formula of making Hit films. Irrespective of the content, but the masses flock to the theatres when his films releases. And a remake of an already successful film makes things easier for him.

Everyone wants to make profits and they will continue to make such films. The day a majority of the audience watch content films like a Mardaani, Mard Ko Dard Nai Hota, Andhadhun and all the other smaller films, then you will see bigger stars and big production houses backing such films.

Till then the masala genre is here to stay. I am not defending or supporting anyone, but this genre is a goldmine for producers.

0 votes

Yes Yes haters ssshhuusshhh

Ranveer Singh will make Sanjeev Kumar look like a amateur with his acting skills

aur Shetty bhai will outclass Shakspeare himself let alone some gulzar !!

by Set Designer (1.9k points)
0 votes

Last 3 releases - Padmaavat, Simmba and GullyBoy were run away hits, His upcoming two releases 83 and JayeshbhaiJordaar are carrying terrific pre-release reports; And now official adaptation of a classic.
No matter how much troll it'll invite on social media but angoor plot will work huge even today.
Golden phase of Ranveer continues and I hope rohit does something that matches golmaal.

by Executive Producer (66.1k points)
0 votes

will be a hit and thats only because one of these guys is on coke

by Casting Director (16.6k points)
0 votes

Imagine going from working with SRK, Ajay to working with this *** Clown, what a decline for Rohit Shitty.

by All Time best! (268k points)

Abhishek Bachchan se to thik h

Related questions