settingsLogin | Registersettings
Show Menu

What is cure for depression?

+2 votes
in Non-Bollywood by Set Designer (1.9k points)

9 Answers

0 votes

Best answer

According to me, moving towards Religion and God will find the inner peace and will move away from negativity.

Even if negativity is surrounding you, or you might be in some trouble, then just remember its a test from God or a Punishment.
Accept it and remember that whatever you are, whatever you have is from God and do prayers and all and find the purpose of life.

This world is nothing but a mere distraction or say its a Test for the life hereafter. So prepare for that.

by Production Designer (12.7k points)
selected by
+6 votes

It's a disease.... Which has become a fashion form... For privileged, born with silver spoon in mouth, always got what they want... kids...

Depression is ''you don't have food to put to table for your family with ton of debt and roof on top of your head about to be taken away".... (exhibit A)
That means... The situation... When "life happens"...

What depression is for new age hip babies....

Oh I have been battling depression because I'm living in shade of huge stature of my father (srk's daughter)

Oh I have been battling depression because love of my life cheated on me...

Sitting in air conditioned room, one meal costing a weeks worth of ration for poor... Crying for reasons they dont even know...

Padukone... I have battled depression all my life.... These people make me sick....

If you have enough resources to fulfil your needs (not wants)... And you still feel bad... Then you are a coward... And A real slap to the face of the earth.

Unless you are *(exhibit A)... Which is real... And as a society... We can come together to help them... Or situations like these....

If not... Then it's better you died a coward's death.

The other day I was on my bike coming home after getting some necessities from market... a begger woman was sitting on the side of the road... (and she didn't look like a beggar).... I rode by her... And kept thinking was she a begger.... Just confirm if so... Went back... Gave her some money hesitantly in case she wasn't a begger.... She took it and started crying... Started Praying for me and everything... I felt so frickin frightened and out of sorts and taken aback... At the heck I just saw.... I was so afraid I started my bike and left as if my life is dependent on it...
On my way back... I felt regret why didn't I give her rest of my money...

These are the people..with real problems and depression... . Who have nothing left for them... They are totally out of options... But they are battling...

This is the basics... The necessities following people...
Problems of upper tier middle and lower tier are not the same.

And here... The world is going crazy... For sushant Singh rajput suicide... Due to "depression"

by Super-star (198k points)

This is some answer. Totally my thoughts.

Ssr was paying INR 4,00,000 per month as rent. Had a fleet of luxury cars. Was charging 5-7 crore per movie, and he is depressed. These twitter midgets who support this idiocy is laughable

Yeah real depression is when you dont have an idea where the next meal shall come from or how you're gonna pay off the debts.

our's (and newer ) is a snowflake generation who falls into depression everytime if they dont get what they want and when they want
many people esp in a country like india who live their entire life struggling and under extreme conditions without the privilege of someone telling them that they are under depression

100s of upvotes for your answer GN.....but depression is known to be an actual disease also....scientists say you don't have to have a reason to be depressed. It is just that life isn't exciting at all. So this upper class doesn't know the kind of privilege they enjoy...that is why it does not matter to them as something worthy of being thankful to life and God by being happy and keeping their surroundings happy.....plus a Star like SRK or Michael Jackson can go into depression easily also.......what will happen if Imran Khan calls for a Jalsa on Minar-e-Pakistan tomorrow and only a crowd of 2000 turns up.....he can definitely go into depression even after having a 300 kanal ka ghar and good food and gym

SRK possibly after FAN felt depressed or kinda sad and then he said to himself ''kya yaar tension ly rha hoon....stardom hai which many people can dream off, 5 maalay ka ghar hai.....itna bra office hai, production house.......kyun itna sad feel kr rha hn'' ....and then he felt better.....middle class ka bacha tha isliye apni therapy kr li.....agr upper class ka hota to iskay liye yeh chezein matter he naa krti......and then......DEPRESSIONNNNNNNNNNNNN

@Nova exactly my thought this tik tok generation has made a serious issue such as depression a fashion form ohh i got 10 less marks i am depressed mujhe tik tok pe kam likes aaye i am depressed
They have made a total mockery of depression
Also all these talk of money not being able to buy happiness lol just rich people can say shit like this ask those people who are in desperate need of money what money means to them

+1

@GN I do agree with you to some extent but mahn there is one more angle to it. What if to achieve a goal a person stop seeing days and nights, start skipping his meals, start loosing the contact with loved ones, literally gives everything to that one particular thing. But, due to some reason he couldn't get his goal. It can be due to anything, maybe because of unexpected health conditions, some people intruding in way or maybe because of the kind of situation it is right now around the world. In this scenario its quite obvious for someone to be in depression. Yes our generation have made it fashion tool but it doesn't mean that nobody gets into it. Those who does and find no support end up like SSR. So, maybe we should not make a mockery of people who actually suffered because of the people who are making mockery of themselves.

+1

What if to achieve a goal a person stop seeing days and nights, start skipping his meals, start loosing the contact with loved ones, literally gives everything to that one particular thing. But, due to some reason he couldn't get his goal. It can be due to anything, maybe because of unexpected health conditions, some people intruding in way or maybe because of the kind of situation it is right now around the world. In this scenario its quite obvious for someone to be in depression.

Success is 99% failure my mahn... There is no end to a battle unless you win or quit. You never lose.... You just learn
Unless ofcourse you're like me who never gets himself involved in any kind of goals that are realistically beyond me/or anyone ... Or don't get indulged in competitions altogether.
And to your point... Ofcourse not all situation are same.. But depression nowadays is a free sympathy card given to you. You just have to ask for it. They just don't know they are actually robbing the real victims

Ssr was a quitter... He had more to be thankful for than 99.9% of rest of the world

Sushant singh rajput's shoes cost more than 6 month's worth of all expenses for close to 10cr individuals (just in India that is... At the very least)

There are real victims out there... Who don't even get tiny bit of attention

+1

Ssr was a quitter... He had more to be thankful for than 99.9% of rest of the world
We don't know that. Maybe from where we are he looks like one but every person have a different life, a complete set of different aspirations and motives in life. We don't know what he was actually upto. Maybe all the rumors are right or maybe not. So, when a JEE, IES topper and a very successful hero like him had to commite a suicide then we had to believe that not everything was right with him because bhai you need guts to end your life too. Even a mad person is scared to die. Even that Vikas Dubey who murdered so many people was wearing a mask which means that even he was scared to die. But, a strong will guy like SSR found it easy to end life then moving ahead then it means that he was hit hard by something or another.

+2 votes

1) quit social media. Its toxic and induces depression
2) Become spiritual.
3) When feeling low, look at people who are even worse off in life than you.

by Mega Star (226k points)
+2 votes

Remembrance of God only

by Producer (113k points)
+1 vote

I was depressed whole summer . The change of season cured me . so wait for winter .

by Location Manager (5.3k points)
+1 vote

stay away from negativity of any kind and against anyone it makes you negative
be mentally strong life is tough
find peace in almighty GOD and your work / family

by Location Manager (7.9k points)
0 votes

Spiritualism. Period.

by Assistant Director (41.3k points)
0 votes

by Producer (118k points)
0 votes

Depression is not a disease or illness. It is due to ignorance. Inability to handle the mind. We are interested to know about other things but not our mind and the self. The self-realization will lead you to the state of no depression.

by Editor (81.7k points)

Categories

72.8k questions

278k answers

342k comments

1.9k users

Related questions

+1 vote
5 answers 181 views
+2 votes
2 answers 213 views
213 views asked Aug 8, 2017 in General by Vikram Singh Production Accountant (27.5k points)
+4 votes
2 answers 147 views