settingsLogin | Registersettings
Show Menu

What are sad scenes in movies that made you feel emotional?

0 votes
in Cinematic Discussion by Art Director (2.5k points)
+2
  1. Climax scene of Moondram Pirai / Sadma
  2. When the rescued daughter mumbles about her prostitution days in sleep in Mahanadhi (Tamil). Kamal's acting when she says "leave me. Am I machine? How many times will you people do me in a day"
  3. When Nagesh sees his daughter's body & Kamal consoles him in Nammavar.
  4. The whole ashram scene where the hero's thigh is injured & heroine comes to visit him in Sethu (Tamil) / Huchcha (Kannada) / Tere Naam (Hindi)
  5. When Suhaan realises he has a daughter & goes to meet her. In the evening he is informed about the proposal in Jaan-E-Mann.
  6. When it is revealed to the husband what the markings on the calendar meant towards the end in Assamese film Calendar.
  7. The heartbreaking reveal to the third character's lover/fiancee in C/o Kancharapalem.
  8. Ofcourse those moments in Titanic.
  9. Big B praying after hearing the news on phone in Cheeni Kum.
  10. Rani finding Big B chained up in Black.

Just to name a few.

And using this as an opportunity to share the first 3 scenes because it's definitely been more than an year since I shared them here.

In short, acting masterclass by the legends. Especially Nagesh in the third scene.

Couldn't find the original video which is removed. This is Telugu dubbed version. The context, Nagesh's daughter commits suicide. Nagesh & Kamal are out buying breakfast for the girl when Kamal is informed about the death. Kamal has calmly bring Nagesh to home & then it's all Nagesh's brilliant acting enacting the father's grief.

5 Answers

+3 votes

Child re uniting with her mother - bajrangi bhaijaan
Last 10 mins ...- bajrangi bhaijaan
Child steals and brings couple of bucks to his father - dhoom 3
Interval scene - dhoom 3
Ending scene - dhoom 3
We koi samjhao to isay apun to Sala yehda hai phir bhe sab saaf dikhai dai raha hai - late raho Munna Bhai
I'm bad and that's good I will never be good and that's not bad (climax) - wreck it Ralph
Ralph wreck's child's car - wreck it Ralph
Arlo and his father play with fireflies - the good dinosaur
Arlo makes his mark - the good dinosaur
because he is the hero Gotham deserves but not the one it needs right now .... Last scene - the dark knight
You need help Gary (entire bar scene of these two) - the world's end
( mother died and young dino is alone) - Land before time
Saying goodbye to child - monsters Inc
End - grave of fireflies

Special mention - two scenes from how I met your mother

Look around Ted ... You are all alone
Mother singing ... La vie en rose

by Super-star (198k points)
+1 vote

I don't get emotional in films but there were times were I almost did. Last one was I nearly felt emotional was Tanhaji: The Unsung Warrior with Ajay's death scene. It was picturised very well where he holds the flag in front Shivaji Maharaji. Emotions were captured perfectly.

Border was another one because of the brave soldiers who were willing die serving their nation. It was like you were watching a real-life war. That's why its the best patriotic movie in Indian Cinema.

Aligarh was due to my sympathy for Manoj Bajaypee's character. That's was because of Rajkumar Rao who burst into tears in the end when he died.

by Assistant Director (44.0k points)
+1 vote

Bajrangi Bhaijaan. The climax. Also the scene where Salman rescues Munni. Taare zameen par....the title track in the movie....the climax too. Kal ho naa ho....mother of tear jerkers......the climax where SRK dies...the last scene with Preity zinta and that instrumental tune....is on another level.

Tere naam....where Bhumika dies....the climax again....very emotional. Dangal...the national anthem sequence...wow.

There can be many more....but these are the ones I can count as of now.

by Mega Star (226k points)
+1 vote

KHNH - SRK's death

PK - PK crying in front of God

BB - Munni meets her mom

Kaabil - Hrithik tries to do a funny sound recording but can't stop crying

by Editor (82.0k points)
0 votes

1.Last scene of Dosti, and many other scenes
2. Ganga Jumna last scene
3.Sadma last scene
4.Hum Aapke Hain Koun , most of the scenes after Pooja died
5.Baghban , when Salman ask Amitabh to take the seat of the house of the family
6.Tere Naam the whole 2 nd half
7. Taare Zameen Par, three or more scenes
Bajrangi Bhaijaan when Nawaz ask Salman to come again to Pak with visa next time, and Munni shouted "Mama"
8. Titanic last scene

by Producer (113k points)

Related questions