settingsLogin | Registersettings
Show Menu

Most fulfilling climaxes according to you?

0 votes
There are some movies with climax that just fills your heart and the elevates the experience altogether. You feel the movie really completes itself.

For me, in no particular order

Bajrangi Bhaijaan

3 idiots

Cars

Shawshank Redemption (almost everyone will have this one)

Taare Zameen Par

The Dark Knight Rises

12 years a slave

The lion king

Chennai Express (believe it or not I found SRKs fight sequence with the bigger dude awesome! The whole don't underestimate the power of a common man thing worked for me)

Agneepath (2011)(though im not a big fan of protagonist dying in the end but the Vijay character had the fate sealed for him)

these are the ones i remember, im sure i have missed many!
in Cinematic Discussion by Assistant Director (53.9k points)

I have been sharing bigger lists...

Let me share the one film in recent times which had the ending that made me sit on rhe edge of the seat. No film, literally no film gave me this experience in last 3-4 years.

C/o Kancharapalem [Telugu] - hats off to Rana Daggubati for backing this.

13 Answers

0 votes

Best answer

With the addition of whatever you have mentioned I will include Special 26, Andhadhundh and Baby there as well. Don series too have one of the finest climax ever produced by Bollywood.

by Unit Manager (33.7k points)
selected by

Baby and special 26 were great movies... Baby was an adrenaline rush

Though Airlift climax was pretty awesome as well

Actually, I didn't like Airlift much as it was quite not what I have read about the Gulf war. Though it was mainly focused on Indian citizens but they should have shown the scale of war a little better. Climax was satisfying but the effect could have been much better if the whole film could have been like what I stated.

+2 votes

I saw this on first day poora theatre paagal ho gaya tha , my fav climax

DON THE CHASE BEGINS

by Location Manager (7.9k points)
edited by

other fav climaxes

Memories of Murders
Ghulam
The Skeleton Key
Hera Pheri

Worst Climax ever
HDDCS

+1

my elder brother wanted to show me this movie, and he started by showing me the last scene. he spoiled it for me before I even knew there was a spoiler. I have never let him forget it.

+1 vote

Don-the chase begin.......

by Camera Operator (8.2k points)
+1 vote

Bajrangi Bhaijaan
Agneepath
MNIK
TZP
3I
Andhadhun
The dark knight rises
SR

by Mega Star (226k points)

andhadhun climax did not really put things in perspective.. director left many things for us to mull over

+1 vote

Hands down Anand

this is one climax where you are prepared for what is going to happen, where you know what is going to happen, but still it hit you hard. i don't know if anyone realize that when the tapes are played anand dies when the tape announces "jism jab khatm ho aur ruh ko jab saans aaye". this is one of the best use of silence when the tape stops playing, amitabh enters, breaks down saying "bolo bolo" and the haunting voice says "babu moshaay". the whole scene is a masterclass in screen writing direction dialogues and acting

by Costume designer (1.1k points)

I could not sleep after watching Anand. It is a haunting movie which shows stark realities of life and the climax is more of heartbreaking than fulfilling.

The way he was okay with his fate and he had accepted that he is going to die soon and when the time finally comes, we see him as a vulnerable human. Pure masterclass. I always wondered how mature the movie was for its time.

0 votes

Padmaavat (Among the Finest climax in history, made an average movie excellent even Bhansali won't be able to topple that ever)
Bajrangi (Simple and heartwarming)
Wanted (MASS)
Don ((Pure goosebumps)
Taare zameen par
TDK

by Executive Producer (66.5k points)

TDK? It had one of the most haunting climaxes of all time....

I watch it again and again but for the sacrifice and the epic monologue by Gordon about the batman.. Nolan capped off the masterpiece just perfectly

0 votes

The Shawshank Redemption no matter how many times i watch this movie the climax fills my heart with immense happines and calmness
Bajrangi Bhaijaan ahhh one of the best ever

by Executive Producer (67.6k points)
0 votes

Baby

Shawshank Redemption

Badla

by Casting Director (18.7k points)
0 votes

Hum Aapke Hain Koun climax is the best

by Producer (113k points)
0 votes

fan
when srk the star still could not understand the lengths of fanaticism his fan had for him

by Casting Director (16.6k points)
0 votes

Not in order way.

Chennai Express
Don 2
RNBDJ
Bajrangi Bhaijaan
Wanted
Agneepath
ZNMD
YJHD

by Production Designer (12.7k points)
0 votes

Mighty.....Bajrangi bhaijaan
Sultan
Wanted
Kabir Singh
3idiots
Drishyam
ZNMD
HOLIDAY
veer zaara
The king .... Lagaan

Hollywood edition
Shawshank redemption
The dark knight
Inception
The mighty ...wreck it Ralph
The king ... Dark knight returns part 2
Bestest feeling ever ... Secret life of Walter Mitty
Pinnacle ... 1917
Kung Fu Panda
Juno
Shooter
When Arlo puts his mark .... The good dinosaur (you earned it)

by Super-star (198k points)
0 votes

1. Agneepath (1990)
2. Muqaddar Ki Sikandar
3. Deewaar
4. Guide
5. Zakhm
6. Tanhaji: The Unsung Warrior
7. Bajrangi Bhaijaan
8. Kaash (That movie with Jackie Shroff & Dimple Kapadia)
9. Border
10. Taare Zameen Par

by Assistant Director (44.0k points)

Related questions

+2 votes
4 answers 242 views
242 views asked Feb 26, 2017 in General by Seinfeld Assistant Director (53.9k points)
+9 votes
7 answers 425 views
+4 votes
4 answers 357 views