0 votes
Classifications First Quarter 2020 - Tanhaji Stands Alone

Saturday 21 March 2020 12.30 IST

Box Office India Trade Network

Follow Us

The first quarter has seen a dull response with only Tanhaji - The Unsung Warrior emerging a success and a huge one also. The film became the third biggest blockbuster of the last 20 years in Mumbai circuit with footfalls only behind Bahubali - The Conclusion and Gadar Ek Prem Katha.

The rest of the films did not work at all though Baaghi 3 would have been a SEMI HIT / HIT film as it would have hit the 115 crore nett mark and maybe even crossed 120 crore nett for HIT status if it was not for the shutdown of theatres due to corona virus. The film could still make AVERAGE status if it get another 2.50 crore share when cinemas reopen.

The only two other films to avoid FLOP status was Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan and Malang though the former under performed and the latter had far too high costs for the cast of the film. The classifications of the the major films released in the first quarter of 2020 are as follows. Only Baaghi 3 may have a change depending on what happens when cinemas reopen.

All Time Blockbuster

-

Super Blockbuster

-

Blockbuster

Tanhaji - The Unsung Warrior (131 crore)

Super Hit

-

Hit

-
Semi Hit

-

Average

-

Below Average

Baaghi 3 (47.50 crore)

Shubh Mangal Saavdhan (26.50 crore)

Malang (26 crore)

FLOP

Street Dancer (32 crore)

Chhapaak - (14.75 crore)

Bh0ot - (14 crore)

Thappad - (13.50 crore)

Jawaani Jaaneman - (13 crore)

Panga (8.75 crore)

Angrezi Medium (4.25 crore)

Shikara (3.25 crore)
closed
in BOI Update by Producer (114k points)

5 Answers

+1 vote

Best answer

This could end up being one of the worst years for Bollywood if Corona virus isn't controlled on time.

by Mega Star (226k points)
selected by
+1 vote

so it took a pandemic for Ajay to finally give highest grosser of the year.

let's see how Akki does it.

by Editor (82.0k points)

I thought the same

Mr hola, tanhaji wont remain hgoty. Its gonna be LSC.

I fear there will a lot of clashes and hope LSC releases solo and have some free weeks run

0 votes

IMO

Blockbuster
Tanhaji

Average
Thappad

Flop
Baaghi 3
Shubh Mangal Saavdhan
Malang
Bhoot
Jawaani Jaaneman
Shikaara

Disaster
Street Dancer 3
Panga
Angreji Medium
Love Aaj Kal 2020

by Super-star (194k points)
0 votes

It's very bad and if the coronavirus worsens then economics will as well as they have lost money after postponing several movies. What's the guarantee that the coronavirus will disappear in India once they reopen the cinemas? If there's no improvement within two months time then it will affect Sooryavanshi & Radhe Box Office potential. I'm not sure about India but in the UK they are developing a vaccine which will take 12 months for it to be used for patients.

by Assistant Director (44.0k points)

The virus will peak to very dangerous levels in the UK in the coming months. The weather wont help either.

sad days indeed
where do i get my pint from now

Obviously the weather won't help but the vaccine is the only solution. Lockdown is fine (Temporary) but this can't happen forever as economics will impact businesses. Boris Johnson said two days ago they can turn the tide against this virus within 12 weeks if the right steps are taken. He said he's confident but depends they decide to do next.

@Nikeel, yeah let's hope this settles down quickly. @Jordan Garcia,having a pint is the last thing on anybody's mind these days.

0 votes

ab movies ka clash bhi jyada hoga aur eska verdict per sidha asar padega.

by Casting Director (18.7k points)

No related questions found