0 votes
GN earning about 200cr and MEGASTAR's D3 struggling to cross 140cr.
in Box Office Discussions by Unit Manager (33.7k points)
+1

Well films do fail all the time. When Megastar was giving 300cr grossers, Akki was not even touching 133cr Nett now did he!

So yeah nobody would have predicted the above scenario. But Akki has cemented his current standing by his hardwork. Back to back 200cr grossers (even if GN is to fall short due to Tanhaji), it is a commendable feat to achieve with the current scenario in the country. Coming on 27th was a boon to be devoid of severe protests. And even after, the content ensured the film get the run which didn't happen for Dabangg 3.

And even with this, people are only predicting something equal for both Radhe & Laxmmi Bomb at most & not beyond. Let's see what 2020 holds. Radhe might be an ego project but nevertheless it solely exists to keep Salman Khan's stand/hold in the industry. Unlike last year filled with content + masala entertainers, this year all 3 films of Akki are masala entertainers (remakes even). It's going up against the mighty Khan in his own domain (which is Akki's domain too with a 200cr+ in the cards for the first time for Akki) & also challenging Aamir Khan too.

Inner me thought that d3 will underperform but not like this...this is bigger disappointment than even tubelight.

@Invincible I was quite sure about D3 underperformace as I never expected anything more than mediocre from Prabhu. My only hope from D3 was Chulbul's character which they end up ruining. Prabhu did his best but D3 needed someone like Rohit Shetty who could add more to the story not just present the old beer in same old bottle.
@Suhas yes Akki didn't cross 133cr and one can provide many reasons for that but this year he has proved that he can be that one superstar who can hold the industry together when rest of the superstar falls apart. He might never be as big as Khans were at their peak but the gap is certainly not as big as people here speak about. Coming to LB vs Radhe thing than LB is one of the smaller projects of Akki next year hence no body is predicting huge for it if any of other 3 movies was to release in place of LB then predictions certainly would have been in favour of Akki by a big margin.

5 Answers

+2 votes

There is only one Megastar left in Bollywood and that is Hrithik Roshan.

SRK ka Thank You 2018 me ho gaya tha and Salman ke Thank You ki process started and Radhe will add final touch-up to it.
Regarding Aamir, well you need more than 39 fans to be called as Megastar so he's disqualified too.

Now megastar Hrithik Roshan is the only one that mattters.

by All Time best! (269k points)
edited by

Big Insult Of Aamir by SANKI LAUNDA

That's rude Sanki Launda. While I appreciate your thoughts on HR, 39 fans would not have gotten Aamir where he is currently. It takes a lot more than that.

Chalo gin chun ke 42-43 kar do. Isse zyada asli STARS ki beizzati ho jaayegi.

Again AAMIR is insulted by SANKI LAUNDA...really man This is Shocking

+1 vote

good news + D3< sanju
somebody please break sanjus record so ranbir will be motivated to release brahmastra

by Casting Director (16.6k points)
0 votes

With just 39 fans Aamir khan will give an all time grosser next year again ..Shame on those stars oh sorry megastars with huge fan following can’t do it ..leave all time grosser one is struggling to cross 100 car mark and other on is struggling to cross 2 cr footfalls in his best phase ...And the funny thing is that their fans are targeting a rare failure by aamir khan ... regarding ‘master of his craft ’....what you wanna to prove here ??that means your fav star does not have the talent or skills to match aamir khan ..that means your fav star is kachra who can’t even beat aamir khan at the box office with huge fan following...idiots !!

by Production Designer (14.7k points)

Others are less talented those words were said by sandeep .it wasn't for you again you are proving my point by targeting a rare failure.Yeah Srk is careless. He is dumb that's why he gave the worst superhero movie ra one .He is dumb coz he doesn't know how to select a script. So if content is everything then why you guys are talking about fan following coz if the movie is not good fans will not watch it.

Ra. One, HF4 and TOH all were bad movies released on Diwali while former 2 somehow sailed away to hit and SH the latter with 50cr opening is a flop. Thats where the fan following really comes into play which Aamir has the least amongst the top 5 hence the results. Otherwise TOH beings best of the 3 and having biggest of opening should have done much better the both but its a failure and other two are successful.

I always heard that fan following support you on the opening day after it depends on the content but n hearing new things from you .Housefull 4 was a success because it was liked by the audience .that's simple there is nothing like fan following.

Oh so you mean Aamir fan could only get him 30-45cr on opening day then its downhill if content is not there. This further proves my point of he having less no of fans who watch his film on 1st day only and after that its upto the content. Ifs its not there then results will be TOH.

0 votes

Yeah i knew it i predicted it bcoz this is what i expected when they choose prabhudeva as a director of a film which wasn'ta remake and by trailer of both films itself one could have known the result
2019 was Akki's year no doubt about that
The problem however is prabhudeva again is the director of Radhe

by Executive Producer (67.6k points)

The problem his fans are not realizing is that Salman has lost it and its over.
I see SRK bouncing back but for Salman its a big no. He doesn't have the right amount of acting talent to escalate him again at this stage of his career when he is approaching 60s.

He can also bounce back but reaching those levels again would be tough but still not impposible but then again he needs to choose better directors and script and get out of comfort zone

0 votes

I never thought D3 would struggle so bad. The writing is on the wall. Pure stardom alone cannot run a movie. D3 would have been a much better movie with bigger production values. 2011 stuff isnt working now. I hope Radhey rectifies the mistake.

by Mega Star (226k points)

Nah it won't its over now

+1

its not over...its just good production is needed..... sunny deol stuff wont work...he needs to bring that level down to salman khan level of over the top.... dabangg 3 was straight sunny deol rajnikanth level of over the top with kannada level of production quality. this goes for race 3 as well.

No related questions found