+1 vote

Rani says even Abhishek was approached for the movie, but it did not work out. “The original Bunty Aur Babli got tremendous love and appreciation from audiences, and it is their love that has made YRF decide to make the sequel. Abhishek and I were both approached by YRF to reprise our roles as the originals in Bunty Aur Babli 2 but, unfortunately, things didn’t work out with him, and we will miss him dearly. As a team, we are so happy to welcome Saif. I have lovely memories of working with him, and I’m really looking forward to creating something new and exciting with him in Bunty Aur Babli 2.”

Speaking on joining the project, Saif says, “Bunty Aur Babli 2 is a completely rebooted sequel, and is set in today’s time. It is a fantastic script that hooked me on instantly. It is an out-and-out entertainer for the entire family to sit and enjoy,a and this is what I loved and connected with. Also, it’s a new role for me, new language and milieu, and that’s what I really look for in a script. I also love the dynamics between the original and the new Bunty-Babli in the film. It’s fresh, hilarious, and extremely engaging. Rani and I have always had a lot of fun working with each other, and I’m looking forward to our creative collaboration again.”

Source Link: https://www.firstpost.com/entertainment/rani-mukerji-to-reprise-role-as-con-artist-in-bunty-aur-babli-2-saif-ali-khan-replaces-abhishek-bachchan-in-sequel-7802101.html
closed
in Upcoming Releases by All Time best! (302k points)
closed by

Oh Yes I Forgot That Ex Angle And YRF 'Maalkin' Actually Has Everything In Her Control Through Her Husband Adi.

By Reading The Article And Rani's Own Statement It Seemed As If They Actually Offered Him And He Rejected It

Anyways Working With Ex Shouldn't Be A Big Deal We Have Seen Ranbir And Ranveer Doing So, As It Is Abhishek Needs Couple Of Hits More To Become A Star With 10 Hits So If Offered He Should Have Accepted It!

It wasn't an ugly breakup for Ranbir or Ranveer right? Even Shahid took 9 years to get over to just promote a film together, a film where they didnt share a single scene.

''Rani hated Saif Ali Khan'' ....lol...really? they seemed so happy together in films though (think)

+1

Oh they were just perfect working together in Hum Tum. Problems started during Ta Ra Rum Pum & got really worse by Thoda Pyaar Thoda Magic. Took YRF 11 years to renew the contract of Saif.

Back then it did get infamous.. Rani & Saif's fight. They couldn't see eye to eye yet shot for two films.

1 Answer

0 votes

Best answer

Bunty Aur Babli was a good movie and Super Hit at the Box Office which helped Rani but it boasted Abhishek Bachchan's career after the success of Dhoom. Hopefully, this sequel is good if not better than the prequel. Rani Mukerji is one of my favourite actresses and she's fab to watch. Saif Ali Khan may not been in good form in terms of Box Office but he has very good comic timing and he has good chemistry with Rani Mukerji as well e.g. Hum Tum and Ta Ra Rum Pum.

by Assistant Director (44.0k points)
selected by

No related questions found