The business from multiplexes today forms majority of the business for Hindi films and there have been 3 films which have topped the 200 crore nett at multiplexes in 2019 and they are Kabir Singh, War and Uri - The Surgical Strike.
The collections are from around almost 1100 cinemas which are multiplexes and twin screens so can be classified as multiplexes. Kabir Singh is not the top grosser of the year but its business at multiplexes is higher than War which is the top grosser of 2019. There are certain films that are called multiplex films but this is not because they have the best collections at multiplexes but more so because they hardly have any collections at single screens. The examples of these are Uri - The Surgical Strike, Chhichhore, Super 30, Dream Girl and Gully Boy. These films also struggle post release on television as the wider audience is not there for these films. The top ten NETT grossers at multiplexes across India in 2019 are as follows.
1. Kabir Singh - 2,21,52,00,000
2. War - 2,17,25,00,000 (28 days)
3. Uri - The Surgical Strike - 2,16,06,00,000
4. Mission Mangal - 1,59,52,00,000
5. Housefull 4 - 1,48,94,00,000 (17 days)
6. Bharat - 1,44,05,00,000
7.Chhichhore - 1,34,21,00,000
8. Super 30 - 1,26,83,00,000
9. Dream Girl 1,25,53,00,000
10. Gully Boy - 1,22,70,00,000