0 votes
War has everything: big banner, huge starcast, huge scale, lots and lots of action, deshbhakti element (it did seem to have it from trailer), a director with 100% success ratio and 5 fu cking holidays(big and small) in first 7 days. So, shouldn't it be enough to become a HGOTY given that it gets above average to good wom?
closed
in General Queries by Unit Manager (33.7k points)
closed by

4 Answers

0 votes

Best answer

its contender for biggest net grosser of all time....... dangal did it with historic WOM .... best since 3idiots or even may be gadar.....
HR v Tiger will do it even with just about GOOD wom....not very good not excellent and not historic

by Super-star (198k points)
selected by

Exactly, it has everything going for it and there can't be better time for it to release when hindi audience is dying for big action extravaganza.

+1 vote

Deshbhakti element ain't there. Not everyone knows how to exploit it, atleast not HR. As far as I know he hasnt appeared on TV to interview anyone either asking them about their choice of fruits.

Coming to your question, TOH had the biggest cast ever. And a megastar whose script sense is unparalleled. That also had huge scale. It was supposed to do 300cr in a bad case scenario. Did it? Box office is fickle. Those expecting War to do even 200cr will feel sorry after 2nd october. And yeah it is not a jinx. It's the truth.

by Mega Star (226k points)

Intense I don't know why you can't even have a little confidence over your favorite star's movie which has got so much pluses with it except for you being a time traveller. Even I have some hopes of H4 becoming a HGOTY with 3 way clash ahead and lesser holidays.

And TOH was so bad but still it did almost 150cr with lesser holidays. Moreover, TOH had expectations of being a masterpiece just like any other movie of Aamir which kind of sink it further but here we know WAR can't be a masterpiece all we want is little substance with great action, which I believe it should deliver. Further, you need to watch the trailer again, movie will have fullon deshbhakti for sure.

Not an issue with what I think of my favorite star mate. I passed that stage quite a while back. From what I am seeing, all signs pointing to a below average product. The so called face off is the worst crap I could have seen. YRF have messed it up big time. Audiences arent forgiving now, there's no jinx or fan boy stuff there.

And what if it actually becomes a huge hit?

As I always say, I am happy if I am proven wrong. I was wrong with s30, I was wrong with TOH, tubelight etc. Let's see. As of now, the signs are looking really bad to me. YRF are trying to paper over the big cracks the movie will have.

I don't know what you can see and others don't but man War will do at least 200cr mark my words.

Tu england mein rehta hai aur deshbhakti ka lecture deta hai tu apni deshbhakti ke baare mein soch Akshay has more patriotism than your favourite superstars

Well, so what next? You will enact Tara Singh and me Ashraf Ali? And will you swing a hand pump at me for living overseas?

There are lots of Tara Singh's in Southall, London (giggle) Tauji, you should come there, in fact, it's mini Punjab.

0 votes

Yes you are right WAR will have everything except tatti songs + WOM & These both things are necessary For HGOTY

by Casting Director (17.6k points)

Still 9 days to go its too early to predict wom and how many chartbusters did URI had?

But URI has GOOD WOM

Again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why you behaving so dumb?

Ghungroo is good song(hit already) and jai jai shiv shankar is bad but it's video has done the job

0 votes

I have a feeling that War will a war on domestic box office

by Producer (114k points)

No related questions found