settingsLogin | Registersettings
Show Menu

BREAKING: SRK reportedly signed YRF-Ali-Abbas Mega Budget Action Entertainer!

+3 votes

Shah Rukh Khan, who took a minor sabbatical after the debacle of Zero last December, seems ready to return to work. The superstar, PeepingMoon.com sources say, is about to sign not one – but two films. These films SRK will then shoot back-to-back next year, although there’s not much clarity on the first film, the second one that SRK has said yes to is reportedly a biggie.

According to sources close to these developments, the actor is teaming up with Yash Raj Films for a special film which will be announced on the occasion of the 50th anniversary of the legendary production company next year. However, it will not be directed by Aditya Chopra who has previously churned out three successful movies with SRK. Chopra has instead signed their star filmmaker Ali Abbas Zafar to helm this big-budget action-entertainer. Ali who has directed box office biggies like Sultan and Tiger Zinda Hai for the banner has already started working on it and will start the recce early next year.

Although it’s yet unclear if this film is the next part of the Dhoom series or a completely new film, the sources claim that this yet-untitled project will probably be the most expensive one coming out from the YRF banner. SRK who shares a family-like relationship with Aditya and has given some of his most memorable films with the banner has already given his nod to the film which is currently in the scripting stage. The project is likely to go on floors by the end of 2020.

The production house is apparently planning a big announcement on the landmark occasion next year and is keeping the news secretive till then. Ali Abbas Zafar, when we contacted, didn’t respond to our text but later put a tweet that neither declined nor confirmed the news. “For everyone speculating .... I am in final stages of finalising my script , exciting times ahead .... ,” Zafar tweeted.

Source Link: https://m.peepingmoon.com/amp/exclusive-news/news/35041/Exclusive-Shah-Rukh-Khan-collaborates-with-Ali-Abbas-Zafar-for-YRFs-th-anniversary-film.html?__twitter_impression=true
in Upcoming Releases by Production Designer (13.8k points)

My Take: Aag lagaadi. Much better than any love story,

15 Answers

+2 votes

50th anniversary? Has to be Dhoom 4, nothing else has the magnitude to justify such occasion. Also even if it is not Dhoom 4, it'll be a big budget action movie for sure, as i said, it's a big occasion and whatever they are planning will be big.

by All Time best! (268k points)

they came up with Befikre when last time such hype was created

No, they just said they'll announce a movie and people were speculating that it will be this or that. Here case is different.

+2 votes

He will have to do an action movie and it can be a potential comeback. Time for SRK to reinvent himself.

by Assistant Director (43.9k points)
+2 votes

Good sense has prevailed upon SRK. This sounds like an action movie. Perhaps D4. Just dont compromise on scale and go all out. Bollywood needs it badly.

by Mega Star (225k points)
+2 votes

He was in talks with Aditya Chopra, a movie for which he needed 3 months preparation.Probably that. I will prefer Aditya-SRK collaboration even today over Ali-SRK collab.

by Assistant Director (41.3k points)
+2 votes

All things points to Dhoom 4 so SRK going all out
Good to see that Ali can habdle big action movie he showed that with TZH

by Executive Producer (67.6k points)
edited by
+2 votes

YRF + ALI ABBAS means DHOOM 4 (The Only Movie Which can Save SRK)

by Casting Director (17.6k points)
+2 votes

Good news for Srkians finally ...

by Producer (118k points)
+2 votes

I absolutely refuse to believe anything until an official announcement is made, be it next year.

And there's apparently one before this one too, let's see wo kya hai.

by Editor (81.9k points)

This one is confirmed. But before this one, there's also another movie which will be released. Most probably that's Rajkummar Hirani one.

bro for my own sanity I cannot accept it as true, especially after that Atlee story. I'll wait for an announcement, until then, everything is a rumour.

What atlee story?

+1 vote

dont want this director who freerides on salmans stardom and is not that good
otherwise this is great news

by Casting Director (16.6k points)
+1 vote

Bhai fans are possessive about ali

It's not Dhoom4 also (Confirmed)

by Executive Producer (66.1k points)

How you can say? Ain't Dhoom 4 biggest YRF Project atm?

+1 vote

SRK needs this, he needs a film which even if rejected will at least have legs to go past 150-200cr. No matter how much critics bash it just do something like it. Enough of shit like Fan, Zero. Even if its as worse as Dilwale it will get a better reception from the auidience.
Movies like Zero either become a classic or a debacle there is no in between. With movies like the above mentioned there is always a 3rd way.

by Unit Manager (33.7k points)
+1 vote

Finally a good news for us. Was waiting for SRK to sign a film for a long time. It's even more exciting that he has signed an action film. Hope it's good. Will be much needed comeback.

by Super-star (189k points)
+1 vote

PeepingMoon.com sources say, is about to sign not one – BUT TWO FILMS. These films SRK will then shoot back-to-back next year

I will be more than happy if this setence became true..

by Camera Operator (8.2k points)
0 votes

Hit director with flop actor=Semi hit so another Semi hit on its way coz of huge scale and budget

by Unit Manager (37.1k points)
+2

Bharat is also Semi-Hit. Ab khud samajhlo.

0 votes

if its biggest budget movie from YRF..then obviously it'll be 350cr budgeted or more who knows. ...which will further mean.... yrf will have to be ready with losses of epic proportion.... srk's brand value .... is lower than akshay right now..... which is evident from jhms and zero advance booking

by Super-star (198k points) 1 flag
+2

Trust me Zero literally didn't had any hype. Raees had solid hype. Bharat Dangal PRDP all weren't a romantic movie. Instead they were promoted as a family movie plus they had festival advantage.

ZERO JHMS were destined to flop no matter what. I am pretty sure that SRK brand value will be proved once again with his upcoming couple of action movies.

+1

Advance booking of tubelight also embarrassing...there is enough action footage showed in bharat trailer....and it was released on holiday so obvious advance is better for first day holiday..though dangal is not action movie, but it was not either romcom...it is all about whretsling....jhms and zero were pure romcom and triangular love story from trailer....

Agreed... Also Jhms and zero... Suffered due to negativity of ra. One Otherwise..... Who knows...

You srk fans truly deserve the situation srk is in.

And I'm also missing... Srk not doing movies... Sparing his fans... And him... The trolling... Im excited for his next... Im gonna enjoy it.

Related questions