settingsLogin | Registersettings
Show Menu

So FINALLY it's ATLEE next for SRK. How is the director? What are you expectations?

0 votes
in Upcoming Releases by Second Unit Director (77.9k points)
reopened by

Still a rumour. Going by rumours, SRK is doing Inshaallah, Shankar's next, Atlee's next, Hirani's next venture is also supposed to be with him. He wont have a movie release before 2021.

3 Answers

0 votes

Best answer

Atlee is a brilliant director..he knows the pulse of the audience and mixes everything perfectly - action, comedy, romance and emotions.. Emotional portions are his fort..that is where he excels every time and I feel this would be perfect for SRK.. Hearing it might even be remake of his own Theri..if so, it should well be the much needed break for SRK with few changes to suit Bollywood..

by Second Unit Director (77.9k points)
selected by

Is he among top5 directors in South? Or tamil industry?

Well bro.. He has delivered 3 blockbusters in a row and what a start it is imagine..
His first was RAJA RANI - full on emotional romantic drama.. One of my all time favorites.. Grossing above 50cr with not so big stars..

His second is THERI with Vijay and was outright blockbuster becoming the first non Rajini/Rajamouli/Shankar 150cr south grosser

His third MERSAL again with Vijay went on to become a blockbuster grossing 257cr WW.. now

His next with Vijay - BIGIL with even decent wom is poised to do 300cr WW..

He is highly sought after director now and definitely one of the top 4 or IMO top 3 commercially in Tamil after Murugadoss and Shankar..

0 votes

Let it be confirmed first. We've had way too many rumours and false confirmations. Even if it is being made, we have to wait until Nov of this year to be sure.

As for the movie, the director seems to get the commerical flavour and is a good choice for SRK. But then again, ALR was a good choice too. We can only wait. For now any SRK movie is earmarked to be horrible from my side.

by Editor (81.9k points)

Theri nd Mersal Blockbuster stuff. Hv seen both hindi dubbed.

Yeah seen them he is a typical commercial director but something SRK needs right now is definitely a universal action film with emotions he can handle that

I'll check out both his movies Hindi dubbed.

He is a commercial movies director but he stands out from other typical directors with the emotional parts in his movies.. He handles the emotional scenes like no one I have seen in Tamil and that is why family audience just love him..

–2 votes

Struggle to beat decade old 3 idiots(non inflated).......

by Producer (107k points) 1 flag

Chennai Express beat the record 6 years back why you behave like a comedian

Related questions

+1 vote
1 answer 304 views
+3 votes
2 answers 219 views
219 views asked Apr 11, 2019 in BOI Update by shajandeepu Second Unit Director (77.9k points)