+1 vote
Mission Mangal did fantastic business on its second Friday with collections going up around 25% due to Janmashtami. Despite the film not being for Hindi mass circuits there were big jumps in smaller areas of places like Gujarat and UP with some places going up 60-70%. The jump at metro multiplexes was more muted but its a very minor holiday there and the jump should come there today.

The film is the third biggest HIT of the year and looks to be cruising to the 175 crore nett mark with 132.50 already in the bag and a big Saturday and Saunday to come. The NETT business of the film is already similar to Toilet - Ek Prem Katha which is the best Akshay Kumar performer from all his releases in the week of Independence Day.

There is a good chance that the film will top the 150 crore nett mark by the end of the weekend but it remains to be seen how much Janmashtami has pushed the collections. The collections of Mission Mangal till date are as follows.

Advertisement

Thursday - 28,50,00,000 apprx

Friday - 17,00,00,000 apprx

Saturday - 23,50,00,000 apprx

Sunday - 27,50,00,000 apprx

Monday - 8,50,00,000 apprx

Tuesday - 7,50,00,000 apprx

Wednesday - 6,50,00,000 apprx

Thursday - 6,00,00,000 apprx

First Week - 1,25,00,00,000 apprx

Friday - 7,50,00,000 apprx

TOTAL - 1,32,50,00,000 apprx
Source Link: https://www.boxofficeindia.com/report-details.php?articleid=5345
in BOI Update by Executive Producer (66.5k points)

4 Answers

+4 votes

Akshay Ki Films Khud Holidays Ki Wajah Se Jyada Perform Karti Hai Aur Uske Fans Khans Ko Holiday Ke Liye Troll Karte Hain LMAO

by Executive Producer (63.3k points)

Dangal With No Face Value Apart From Aamir Became 2nd Biggest All Time Blockbuster Of Century

Making Small Budget Films Hit Much Easier Than Making Big Budget Ones Hits, Khans Have Made 100 Crs Plus And Even 200 Cr Plus Budget Films Blockbusters And All Time Blockbusters
They Are Too Big, Even If They Don't Take Fees In Small-Medium Budget Film Still Their Market Value Will Take The Budget Over 100 Crs Eg Is Dangal

Akshay Is No Doubt One Of The Biggest Stars And One Of The Most Successful Actors Of All Time, No One Can Deny His Achievements, I Didn't Want To Take Anything From Him, Was Just Exposing Hypocrisy Of Akshay Fans Here!

Other than Dangal is there any film?
If making a smaal film hit is so easy then why was Dhobi Ghat not even a hit, what happend to Secret Superstar and why was Jai Ho did such a limited bussiness? With small budgets comes the restrictions, you can't assume by yourself that making small films hit is easy. If you understand how a big director, a big production house and a big heroin can shape the movie then sorry mate this discussion is useless.
Mission Mangal in normal circumstances(ie without holidays and clash) would have got upto 160cr for sure and thats enough for a under 100cr budget movie with no face value other than the lead and no music support so whatever the holidays have benefitted has been compensated by clash.

Dhobi Ghat Was An Art Film It Wasnt A Feature Film So Cant Be Compared With Other Small Budget Films

Secret Superstar Is 900 Cr Grosser Worldwide, You Can Compare That With Similar Budget And Similar Role Time But More Commercial Film Shaukeens Of Akshay And See The Difference, You Are Only Choosing Those Small-Medium Budget Films Which Were Hits By Akshay And Ignoring Those Which Weren't, Vice Versa For Khans

Dangal Isnt Enough Or What? The Huge Magnitude Of Success Which Dangal Got Is Unparalleled (50 crs Making Cost, 2000 Crs WW Collections)

Apart From Dangal There Are Films Like Taare Zameen Par And Chak De India Which Have Been Among Biggest Small Budget Hits/Grossers, QSQT Is Among Biggest Blockbusters Of All Time Among Small Budget Films

Like I Mentioned Earlier Khans Are Too Big, So Its Almost Impossible To Make A Small Budget Film With Them Until They Do An Extended Cameo Type Of Role.

I Said This Before As Well What Akshay Is Doing Is Indeed Praiseworthy But That Doesn't Mean Anyone Should Try To Show That He Is Doing Something Extraordinary Which Khans Never Did.
We Have Seen Many Small Budget Films Being Hits And Blockbusters Every Year Even Without Any Face Value, But Very Few Films With Budget Over 100 Crs Have Been Hit And Almost All Of Them Belongs To Khans, If You Can't Get This Point Then No Point Taking The Discussion Further Mate.

With This I Rest My Case Here Itself (y)

It was China which saved Secret Superstar otherwise a movie released on Diwali had to finish under 70cr. Dhobi Ghat was a art film very correct and hence the very limited reach but you can't see Akki doing movies with limited reach. Toilet, Padman, Rustom all had limited reach. They were accepted but by very limited people as the reach increased his movies are doing almost 150-200cr with 4 or 5 realeasing in an Year.
And I never deny that Akki have failures infact he have them more than the Khans. But there are things which Akki has achieved and Khans have not and there are things which Khans have achieved and Akki haven't. I can list down 10s of such things, and I know you too have a lot of them.

+1 vote

10 years old 3 Idiots safe- Rajat

by Producer (114k points)
+1 vote

Sir crossing the magical mark of 133cr twice in a year. Amazing

by Mega Star (226k points)
0 votes

Excellent. Now 175 cr will be done easily. Will finish in 180-190 cr range.

by Super-star (189k points)

No related questions found