settingsLogin | Registersettings
Show Menu

25 Years of Legendary game changer for Bollywood - HUM AAPKE HAIN KOUN...!

+3 votes

Source Link: https://www.boxofficeindia.com/movie.php?movieid=11
in Cinematic Discussion by All Time best! (300k points)
reopened by

7 Answers

0 votes

Best answer

The most entertaining Bollywood movie ever depicting purest of emotions.
Salman Khan's best performance ever.
Prem-Nisha's chemistry is magic.
My all time favorite film.
Biggest hit of Bollywood ever on TV.
4 th biggest hit on theatrical run, amounting to disappointment (7.8 cr footfalls only) for this eternal classic

by Producer (113k points)
selected by

It's raining downvotes, what is here?

+3 votes

A box office juggernaut. A movie which changed box office dynamics. A family favorite. (But I still cannot bear to watch it in one sitting)

by Mega Star (225k points)
+2 votes

Massive Blockbuster, Waahiyat movie..!!

by All Time best! (268k points)

R u talking bout DDLG? If you ,you're right then.

+1

What is DDLG? first tell me that.

+1 vote

sadly hasnt aged well and is mostly remembered for its box office numbers rather than the film itself certainly not a sholay,mother india or ddlj more like gadar

by Casting Director (16.6k points)
+1

“Hum Aapke Hain Koun...! has been the most successful Hindi movie on Indian television ever with its viewership surpassing the likes of Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, Sholay and even recent hits like 3 Idiots and PK," said Ruchir Tiwari, business head, Hindi movies cluster, Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd. The Zee network owns satellite rights to the film.

“Airing consistently for 25 years, it has managed to grasp the attention and interest of the viewers every time due to its strong storyline, simple plot and relatable characters that resonate highly with audiences across age groups. It is a movie about family, sacrifice, duty and, most of all, love—all the elements that make for perfect family viewing," Tiwari added.

The other big platform where it has been a clear winner is the mobile ringtone and caller tune segment, especially in the Hindi heartland, where the melodies of the 1990s still reign. “Broadly about 40% of our consumption is in Hindi, around 7-8% of which comes from 90s’ music," said Sameer Batra, chief executive officer, content and apps, Bharti Airtel Ltd, which owns music streaming app Wynk. While the north and west are obvious markets for this genre, the east and south, including Bihar, West Bengal, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu, are surprisingly big on the 1990s’ music too, he added.

i guess thats true but certainly not among the youth unlike say ddlj or sholay who even children know and are constantly referred in media whenever bollywood is talked about

Hasnt aged well? What weed are you smoking ? It's a hugely hugely popular movie whenever it comes on TV and yeah kids too know of it. Disagree there too. Perhaps you've seen too much of YJHD to get confused

well i guess my sample is different from you so most people i know have not seen it and rarely mention it unlike ddlj or sholay

0 votes

What a coincidence. Today is also the 2nd anniversary of me almost having a fatal car accident on the highway.

by Editor (81.9k points)

lmao.

0 votes

It's a Massive Blockbuster...
But Movie is Boring..

by Casting Director (17.5k points)
0 votes

Boring duh....
I hope any entertaining movie will match it's gargantuan sucess in future.

by Executive Producer (66.1k points)
+1

Baahubali 2, not only matched it, but beat it easily.