Critical Acceptability Score

Image result for sonchiriya
Outlet/Critic Rating Link
Avg Rating
Reaction Positive Average Negative
No. of Reviews
Critical Acceptability Score

Opinions:

Note: Compilation of all the reviews, from trusted sources.This thread will be updated as soon as opinions and reviews come in from early release @ overseas locations. @Mods & above, Feel free to edit and add more reviews and opinions in the same format. 

If you see any reviews left-out, please comment below with the Link so that we can add it. Please make sure that the review is from a trusted source.

Compiled with the help of

1. suraj.j 

Any separate critics review post will be closed.

All Mods are advised to regularly update this thread by sharing various critics reviews from reputed critics, and take them from users if they send you links, make sure that they are from reputed or good sites and not troll links.

Mods are advised to close or hide any separate post for both the movies, critics review, take the link and edit here.

in Critic Ratings Thread by Mega Star (226k points)

can you edit the format which @Zin used to do?

I'm at my Grandmother's this week, been a bit busy. Will be back home by tommo, will update the post once I get hold of my PC.

@zin, thanks man. I am on the go and not having access to laptop either. Hence cannot edit the format

Hola is a critic too.
I was watching reviews from critics like Rajeev Masand and Sucharita Tyagi yesterday and their reactions to Luka Chuppi made me angry. I thought "why can't a movie just be a movie anymore, why does it always have to be a totally new or unique thing just to get a passing score?" I definitely felt like they were too harsh and so I decided to watch it ASAP and build my own opinion.

And in the end, I actyactu found myself agreeing with them a bit. This is a movie that, despite being generally fun and enjoyable for most of it's runtime, leaves you feeling that a lot of potential was wasted and more could have been done.

There is a case to be made about the movie choosing to focus on just a few things and keeping it simple, but it just becomes too little and so parts of the story feel stretched.

I found the first half to be good. The basics of the premise were set-up well and all the characters were introduced well enough. But once the second half starts it's mostly their attempts at getting married and many scenes feel way too padded, basically trying to stretch the runtime. That, coupled with an underwhelming ending takes the movie down.

I do not agree with those saying that Pankaj Tripathi and Aparshakti Khurrana were wasted. They were given fun characters and they did it well enough, but not every character they play has to be outstanding.

The worst thing about the movie is the music. 5 freaking remakes. I mean, itni kam creativity hai kya jo 1-2 bhi original gaane na bana paye? It got frustrating.

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer 161 views
+2 votes
3 answers 860 views
+3 votes
2 answers 380 views
380 views asked Jul 11, 2019 in Critic Ratings Thread by Intense Mega Star (226k points)