settingsLogin | Registersettings
Show Menu

43 years of Classic Kabhi Kabhie.

+4 votes

​​​​​

Source Link: https://mobile.twitter.com/yrf/status/1100632022287040513
in Cinematic Discussion by All Time best! (301k points)
reopened by

1 Answer

+1 vote

Best answer

Classic family drama.

I think this sincere story was written very well and It simply easy to follow and understand whilst watching the movie. Frankly speaking, I like the characterisation which Yash Chopra always did a wonderful job especially when it comes to Amitabh Bachchan. Bachchan's role was narrated very well with his passion for poetry and I kind of felt sorry for him that he couldn't marry Rakhee Gulzar.

The first half was good but the second half was better with Neetu Singh and Waheeda Rehman who both shared excellent chemistry. Plus, the twist was surprisingly handled very well with Waheeda explaining why she didn't tell Amitabh about her biological daughter which was justified.

Performances were breathtaking from the cast but mainly Amitabh Bachchan and Neetu Singh who both gave fantastic performances. Shashi Kapoor is excellent with an endearing, friendly and easy going personality. Rishi Kapoor, Waheeda Rehman & Simi Garewal are good as well, respectively.

I love the songs as well mainly Kabhi Kabhie Mere Dil Mein.

P.S.

This was Amitabh Bachchan's real parents (Next to Rakhee Gulzar in the pic) Harivansh Rai Bachchan and Tej Bachchan who appeared on screen in this wedding scene.

by Assistant Director (43.9k points)
selected by