Categories

72.8k questions

278k answers

1.9k users

+3 votes

1. Ek Ladki Ko Dekha Toh Aida Laga (2019): 7/10 The film has been major medium to bring the change in the society but for that to happen a film must reach out to the masses. People are still conservative about homosexual topics and although we have made great films like Fire, Aligarh on the subject but, they are limited to a section of moviegoers. In that way, ELKDTAL is highly mainstream and entertaining and probably has made greater effort to make the homosexual subject more acceptable among general theatergoers. Not unconventional, but it will tell its message by making you laugh and eyes teary. For a new beginning, deserves a watch.

2. Roma (2018): 8/10 A beautifully crafted film, watching it felt like reinventing yourself with its character Cleo. Lovely.

3. A Quiet Place (2018): 8/10 Great. As a hardcore fan of films based on an apocalyptic theme, A Quiet Place stands tall with the creative ideation and cinematic brilliance. The idea of survival in a post-apocalypse world without vocal communication is so fascinating and thrilling and in this film, you get it scary as well, so it's double Bonanza. Loved it.

4. Birdbox (2018): 7/10 Although it gets slow in the middle, well, again I wasn't expecting this kind of Cinema after I watching A Quiet Place. I mean, in that film, you speak and get killed. Whereas, in Birdbox, you see and get killed. ******* crazy. Both related to sensory organ system, set in a post-apocalyptic world, yet the treatment is so different. Great.

5. Citizen Kane (1941): 9/10 Okay. Have been watching films which have brought revolutionary changes to the way films were being edited and Citizen Kane was one of the first films which broke many boundaries and set new standards not on the technicality but also how the world used to tell the story. A groundbreaking film. Aptly uses of transitions to create tension and suspense and the technique of match cut in those years still mesmerize me as for how did they achieve it with no graphics or VFX. Definitely, it's a triumph for students who have a deep interest in editing films and writing screenplay. Every cut is a lesson in itself.

6. Rope (1948): 8/10 And, Citizen Kane led me to this film. One of the early films based on One Shot techniques, I have watched Birdman and Irreversible but, what Alfred Hitchcock achieved in 1948 is still untouchable by most contemporary directors. In Rope, the premises are so static and narrow throughout the film, but it never compromises with the shot sizes, the shot expands and collapses within a single shot and it has been so brilliantly done you don't even feel when you come to closeup shot or when you are watching a mid or wide shot. I'm not even mentioning cleaver uses of transitions. It's a film with almost no editing but great camera technique and production work. Well, the story may fall short of the standard set by Hitchcock in later years, but the film will be remembered till the end of time.

7. Rubaru Roshini (2019): 10/10 Some of the principles of Mahatma Gandhi has inspired me to the great extent when I was teen and I've always practiced them and felt how truer than true those words are. One of the principles in which I truly believe is the powerful impact of forgiveness. He says, "The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." And, it's. This documentary is a great portrayal of this quote and I'm so glad someone made the documentary on forgiveness. I wish if the entire world could have watched it and understood it's meaning and have practiced it, then the world would certainly become a better place to live. I'm so touched by the documentary. Many many thanks to the Aamir Khan and the team.

P.S: After a long time, I have watched 7 films in a week. :p

in General by Executive Producer (60.3k points)

5 Answers

+2 votes

Thugs Of Hindostan 4/10
This film could have been huge if done well but it goes the other way around and what happened to fatima how bad she was

Game Of Thrones S3 10/10
Loved it as @jat and @seinfled told me you rate GOT 10/10 thats it
Now i know why they said it

Breathe 6/10
Better than all the web series we had so far but they lost the plot in the last 2 episodes plus they took wayy too liberties for my liking

Movie of the week: None

by Executive Producer (67.6k points)

Breathe is light years better than Shit Games and Lodupur. Finale was shit though.

Haha i actually didn't like sacred games as much as it was hyped TBH
Mirzapur was just web version of wasseypur minus all the good things
And yeah the finale was rushed didn't liked it at all

+2 votes

28th jan - 5th feb
BlacKkKlansman(2018) - 7.5/10
Incredibles 2(2018) - 7/10
Bohemian Rhapsody(2018) - 5/10
Black Mirror:Bandersnatch(2018) - 5/10

6th feb - 15th feb
Isle of Dogs(2018) - 8/10
Eighth Grade(2018) - 7.5/10
Thoroughbreds(2018) - 7/10
The Firm(1993) - 6/10
Rubaru Roshni(2019) - 9/10

by Cinematographer (91.3k points)

Isle of Dogs is so good.

yep.....

+1 vote

Well...

1. Zero [2018] = 1/10 [Ranting won't stop as of now.]
  2. Escape Room [2019] = 3/10 [Utterly pointless.]

First Time Watches = Both of them.

Movie of the Week = None.

by All Time best! (302k points)
+1

We need a full Zero review.

I had a little better week than you but had my share of Shits.

@Thunder Bird that isn't fair man. Plus why do you want a review when you know for sure it'll be negative?

Just do it man, just do it.

+1 vote
  1. BlacKkKlansman: 7/10
  2. Roma: 7/10
  3. Borat: 0/10. Disgusting.
  4. KGF: 0/10. Chut*yapa

Movie of the Week: BlacKkKlansman

by Super-star (194k points)

Borat? You really need to start watching films the way they're meant to be seen.

I was enjoying it but the fact they were offensive to Kazakhstan and that disgusting **** bedroom fight scene made it disgusting for me.

I liked/enjoyed Dictator, couldn't this one.

+1 vote

Uri: 3.5/5

That's the only movie for me this week.

by Mega Star (226k points)

I m really looking forward for its digital release

No related questions found