+2 votes

There is a movie on the surgical strikes 'Uri'; the Cabinet has decided to exempt it from state GST. This film will instil a feeling of nationalism in the youth and the citizens of the country: Uttar Pradesh CM @myogiadityanath

Source Link: https://twitter.com/CNNnews18/status/1090167245295108096
closed
in General Queries by All Time best! (302k points)
closed by

bahut time laga diya yaar ab benefit 1-2 cr nett ka hi hoga.

3 Answers

+1 vote

Best answer

UP Government has been really Cinema supportive. Last year they refunded the SGST collected from Cinema owners to support them.
There was a plan to relaunch 750 miniplexes which were closed in state, I don't how it is going, but if that happen, will change dynamics of Hindi cinema.

by Super-star (194k points)
selected by
0 votes

Great it hopefully it will reach 200cr now

by Executive Producer (67.6k points)

That happened due to tax changes, 65% to 18% GST is huge.

Total Delhi-Up is 20% of whole India

Even before that it was UP that had bigger share. e.g. Baahubali 2 did ₹90cr plus Gross in UP while Delhi City was ₹60cr.

I was talking according about nett bro, why gross will matter to Bollywood, when it uses nett figures.
UP>Delhi according to gross I firmly agree but majority of that was going to government so how does that will matter?
Neither Distributor or exhibitor will get anything from that, so nett will be more precious.
Now it's even though with GST

0 votes

UP isn't that big circuit that 18% tax exemption will benefit it heavily that too after 3 weeks. It's too small of a circuit, barely 8-9% of whole India for Bollywood.
But it's really commendable that how supportive up government has been to cinema.
URI deserves it

by Executive Producer (66.5k points)

No related questions found