Tu Jhoothi Main Makkaar had the sixth highest opening for an original Hindi film thanks to Holi holiday but only three films have seen genuine strongs openings (Pathaan, Brahmastra and Sooryavanshi) with the last named coming because of the national holiday.
Pathaan stands tall with a phenomenal record which shows it can be still be done and it was not a holiday but mainly it does not make for good reading as the 20 crore nett mark remains pretty much elusive now for almost all films.
The fate of Tu Jhooti Main Makkaar is in the balance with the weekend collections and after likely to decide. The shout was of blockbuster from the trial before release from the trade in Mumbai and just sometime back with 83 it was of historic blockbuster and it did create history but of a different kind. This never helps as the audience will always decide and is far more knowledgeable than these shouters and trade types. Success should be organic and forget BLOCKBUSTER if Tu Jhooti Main Makkaar becomes a HIT that itself is a big deal for the scenario today and more importantly for this genre. The top ten opening days for original Hindi content post pandemic are as follows.
1. Pathaan - 55,72,00,000 (ALL TIME RECORD)
2. Brahmastra - 30,37,00,000
3. Sooryavanshi - 26,11,00,000 (National Holiday)
4. Drishyam 2 - 14,92,00,000
5. Ram Setu - 14,71,00,000 (National Holiday)
6. Tu Jhoothi Main Makkaar - 14-14.25 crore apprx (Holiday)
7. Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2 - 13,41,00,000
8. Bachchhan Pandey - 12,18,00,000 (Holiday)
9. 83 - 11,96,00,000
10. Laal Singh Chaddha - 11,58,00,000