Simmba set an ALL TIME RECORD on Tuesday with the highest ever collections on a Tuesday for an outright Hindi film. Bahubali - The Conclusion is on top even with 10-12% of the Hindi market missing but that film was not from teh Hindi film industry. Also its going to take time for the records of that film to start getting beaten.
Sanju earlier this year had collected 21.62 crore and Simmba has surpassed that by margin with 28 crore nett though it was a holiday for Simmba and not for Sanju but both films had enhanced ticket rates. The film beat the record of Kick which was the highest Tuesday for an outright Hindi film before Simbaa. In terms of GROSS numbers it will be behind Kick but still ahead of the likes of Dangal and Sanju.
Below are the top fifteen first Tuesday collections of all time.
1. Bahubali 2 (Hindi) - 29.78 crore [Enhanced Ticket Rates]
2. Simmba - 27.93 crore [Holiday]
3. Kick - 26.82 crore [Holiday]
4. Dangal - 22.39 crore [Enhanced Ticket Rates]
5. Sanju - 21.62 crore apprx [Enhanced Ticket Rates]
6. Tiger Zinda Hai- 21.60 crore [Enhanced Ticket Rates]
7. Krrish 3 - 21.33 crore [Holiday]
8. Bajrangi Bhaijaan - 20.78 crore [Partial Holiday]
9. PK - 19.87 crore [Enhanced Ticket Rates]
10. Toilet Ek Prem Katha - 19.23 crore [Holiday]
11. Dhoom 3 - 18.75 crore [Enhanced Ticket Rates]
12. Airlift - 17.63 crore [Holiday]
13. Ek Tha Tiger - 14.87 crore [Partial Holiday]
14. Dabanng 2 - 14.21 crore [Holiday]
15. Padmaavat - 13.59 crore