Categories

72.8k questions

278k answers

1.9k users

+2 votes
closed
in Movies by Cinematographer (92.9k points)

Clashes always result in relationships going sour in the industry. As we near the year end, our sources reveal that there are a lot of conflicts happening between Zero and Simmba teams taking the release size of the two films. While the producers of the two films had mutually decided on the release dates, we hear that insecurities have started taking-over the long-lasting relations. Trade sources reveal that Shah Rukh Khan is going the Chennai Express way by signing a two-week contract with single screen owners to make sure that his film, Zero retains maximum possible screens in the second week of its release. Back in 2013, Khan adopted the same tactic, owing to which the release of Once Upon Ay Time In Mumbai Dobaara got fractured, and we see history repeating itself over here.

On the other hand, as Karan Johar and Rohit Shetty got to know about Shah Rukh Khan’s tactic from the distribution circuit, the two also started clubbing their film with 2.0 (which is presented by Karan Johar). “There have been multiple discussions between Shah Rukh Khan and Karan Johar, however, the two could not reach to an impeccable solution. As Rohit Shetty was on Shah Rukh Khan’s side during Chennai Express, he knows Khan’s clout in the distribution circuit and doesn’t want to be at receiving end this time around. People at Reliance Entertainment overheard Shetty say, ‘We should go ahead with a clash if team Zero resorts to tactics like signing contracts.’ Shetty understands the business of Hindi films and doesn’t want the initial business of his film to suffer due to a fractured release,” said a source close to the development. Rohit Shetty was of the opinion that rather than getting a fractured release in week 2, wherein the exhibitors are wouldn’t screen his film in their theatres owing to contractual commitments, it is better to clash such that the two films get screens based on their merits. “However, Shetty must have said that in the heat of the moment and the clash won’t happen as the distributors of the two films have already started talking to the cinema owners for screen bookings,” quipped a source.

The distribution head of Reliance, Mr. Aditya Choksi has already been asked by the production team of Simmba to lock the deals with local exhibitors as soon as possible and make sure that the film releases on more than 3000 screens in India on 28th December. On the other hand, the distribution head at Red Chillies, Gaurav Verma has already instructed his sub-distributors to seal the 2-week contract to the soonest to ensure that Zero retains maximum screens and the biz is not hampered by Simmba. “Shah Rukh Khan, Rohit Shetty and Karan Johar sat down and mutually decided on the release date of Zero and Simmba. Back then, it was decided that Zero would get a one-week free run and then retain screens in the second week based on merits. However, the 2-week deal has come as a shocker to Shetty and team Simmba. They are working on multiple possibilities now, which includes clubbing the film with 2.0 since Karan Johar is the common link. Both Shah Rukh and Karan Johar are known to be shrewd businessmen, and it would basically be survival of the fittest,” concluded the source.
As they say, "Dhande Ke Liye Jo Sahi, Woh Sahi. Dhande Ke Liye Jo Galat, Woh Galat." Well, we still have a month and a half for the release of two films and the political game has already begun. Only time shall tell us as to who would win the battle for screens this Christmas. Zero stars Shah Rukh Khan, Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma whereas Simmba stars Ranveer Singh and Sara Ali Khan in lead.

This does not look good, both will suffer.

11 Answers

+2 votes

Best answer

Well its just bcoz SRK is in rough phase these guys are clashing with him or else they would have just run away

by Executive Producer (67.6k points)
selected by
+1

Lol gud phase or bad phase everytime they clashed with srk.. even himesh clashed with his ra one.... daar bhagna toh srk karta hai..:D

hahaha.....''even himesh clashed with his ra one'' :D .....sad but true

Thats show koi bi jake srk se clash karega even he comes with his biggest film..sad but true.:D

haan sahi kaha tu ny.....SRK ki aukaat he yeh hai

+2 votes

This is interesting. SRK going back to his old ruthless ways

by Mega Star (226k points)
+1 vote

Ugly?? What ugly, there is a man who is going through one of worst phases of his career, has got a perfect date & a movie hopefull to bring him back on track, the budget of movie is 200 crs+ and it needs good free run to score big, it'll be great for said actor.

VS

An actor & director whose previous movies were Blockbuster, and a producer who took change of the hindi version of biggest Blockbuster of Indian cinema since Sholay on a non holiday, and one of his chamcha's movie did 336 crs on a non holiday, and that producer is head of one of biggest production house.

Who needs it more, everyone can guess. But, what can we say, if KJO wants war, then war he will get.

by All Time best! (269k points)

TB don’t start this underdog thing... he’s your king.. be the Paul Heyman to your Lesnar.. not michael Cole...

LOL what's happening with SRK is called karma
Did he took care of slb's need back then in 2007 or in 2006.
In his best phase he used to be a arrogant aff.
I'm the king, I'll destroy Slb blah blah
You are talking as if SRK runs by ethics, we all know how SRK backstabbed balaji back in 2013,he's doing the same now.
Beside Bollywood is all about business.

+1 vote

SRK must kick *** of karan johar and rohit shetty, i am damn sure this time there is no bhansali who will save the movie , i am damn sure simbba will be effected the most , SRK must show his ruthless attitude these young new stars think they can dethrone khans, but khans have always be on the top for last 3 decades , never liked this ugly face karan and rohit shetty, i wish Zero thrash down simbba.

by Assistant Director (50.2k points)
+1

Khansssssss.... :D

Plus 1 for that last line @I'm lost soul.

I read lick **** instead of kick..:D

+1 vote

this is it. the moment that will forever me remembered.

it will either mark the reboot of SRK's career or its end.

I hope for the sake of SRK and all my fellow SRKians that the movie is good.

by Editor (82.0k points)
+1 vote

All these publicity stunts before one month of the movie release is what is expected every time. Let's once see the trailer of Simbba, things will then be clear on who gets what screens and who needs to fight for it.

by Camera Operator (12.0k points)
0 votes

please release simba on 21st karan agar aukad hai toh srk made dharma big and he would be instrumental in its demise too

by Casting Director (16.6k points)

srk has beaten all actors in a clash toh ranveer ko bhi ab hara de

Opening and wrekeen, overseas and worldwide srk won by margin...only domestic lifetime bhansali won

Opening weekend blah blah won by srk rohit varun kajol ...solo aukad dek liye jhms ke time even with top herione n gud director with his freindly genre :D

Teri lullu ke aukaad bhi dikh gaya...do baar. ....i wish i got u in real life. First Non Stop slap then lift and throw to gutter.

0 votes

This is not good. 21 DECEMBER #ZERO.

by Editor (84.9k points)
–1 vote

Fighting For A Date Made Lucrative By Aamir Khan. Yet, Total Combined < DANGAL.

by Unit Manager (36.4k points)

+1 from me Rajat....haha....don't know why but i like ur attitude after TOH.....arrogance nhn jani chahye (y)

Why Should There Be Any Change In My Attitude After TOH? I Mean, Look, Still The Top Grossers Are With Aamir. Opening Records, Too, With Aamir. Be It India Or Overseas. If Ace Can't Afford To Fail After 5 Straight ALL TIME GROSSERS, Who Can? LOL!
God Of Bollywood, Indeed.

chalo......last line likh kr dil khrab keya.......Ace keh leya kr bhai.....request hai......i understand God's literal meaning is different too but God word is popularly used for only GOD

+1

God? Bollywood has had way bigger actors than aamir dude. Get a life. All those all time grossers came on xmas. Now it's proven what aamir's ability is outside his favourite festival :D

–2 votes

Well i hope Srk-Karan dostana doesn't get affected by this....:D

by Assistant Director (42.0k points) 1 flag
edited by
–2 votes

This is bad... now that there’s a decent chance that srk has a good movie at hands... due to external reasons.. it would again underperform...

We saw what CE did to OUTIMD.. this time the CE director is at the other end...

Go on srkians.. start a trend.. abuse shetty.. thats all you’re good at

by Assistant Director (53.9k points)

No related questions found