settingsLogin | Registersettings
Show Menu

28 years of all time classic Maine Pyar Kiya which turned Salman Khan into heartthrob of the nation.

+9 votes

When Love Calls, the 125 minute English version of Maine Pyar Kiya was the biggest hit in the Caribbean market at Guyana and also dominated the box-office at Trinidad and Tobago.

Te Amo
Maine Pyar Kiya had also been dubbed in Spanish as Te Amo, the first experiment of its kind. This 125 minute film also proved its universal appeal with a glorious 10 week premiere run at Lima, Peru.

Prema Paavuraalu
Maine Pyar Kiya was a super hit in Telugu as Prema Paavuraalu. It crossed the 25 week mark at Vishakhapatnam and had an over 100 day run at 6 centres in Andhra Pradesh.

Maine Pyar Kiya was also dubbed in Tamil as Kaadhal Oru Kavithai, and in Malayalam as Ina Praavukal.

Filmfare Awards
Best Picture (1989)

Best Music Director - RaamLaxman

Best Lyricist – Asad Bhopali

Best Male Playback Singer – S. P. Balasubramaniam

Special Award for most Outstanding Face – Bhagyashree

Special Award for most Sensational Debut – Sooraj R. Barjatya
Source Link: http://www.rajshri.com/films/maine-pyar-kiya-1989/
in Movies by All Time best! (302k points)

8 Answers

+2 votes

Best answer

The second biggest Hit of BOLLYWOOD ever after Jai Santoshi Maa if we go by profit to cost, Maine Pyar Kiya's all time Blockbuster success was a miracle (debut:-director/actor/actress, supporting cast played by Tv stars Aloknath, Reema Lagoo).
Salman was the second or third choice in the running for the role after actors like Deepak Tijori but became an overnight heartthrob pushed into the big league.
On a personal note I became a Salman fan from the day I watched the film and is among the first fans of the megastar.
For me Salman-Sooraj pair is unmatched and they are my favorite actor and director.

by Producer (113k points)
selected by
+1 vote

Its one of my fav movies love it and its songs are amazing my fav is kahe tose sajna.
Such pure love stories are not seen anymore!

by Executive Producer (63.3k points)
+1 vote

Dosti ka ek hi osual hai madam -
no sorry, no thankyou.

Iconic movie. And the song kabootar ja ja ja is biggest hit song at that time. And dil deewana song is best for me.

by Assistant Director (52.2k points)
+1 vote

Salman & Sooraj's(Rajshri movies) best film .....
A timeless classic which is played on Zee cinema plenty of times & still the craze is same..
not a new thing this movie is my All time favourite of Salman ....

by Producer (118k points)
+1 vote

Maine pyaar Kiya...Prema paavuraluu...

Nice film...

Bhagyasree aunty ...love u

by Executive Producer (68.1k points)
+1 vote

Perfect title and rise of Salman is phenomenal.

by Production Accountant (27.5k points)
0 votes

SK looked very good in this movie. Have never seen it in one go. Don’t like Sooraj and any of his movies. From mpk to hahk to hssh to prdp to mpkdh to vivaah.....all of them are shit

by Mega Star (226k points)
0 votes

Haven't seen the movie in full but like its songs

by Set Designer (2.0k points)

Categories

72.8k questions

278k answers

342k comments

1.9k users