Categories

72.8k questions

278k answers

1.9k users

+3 votes

26 Years of Ajay Devgan

I made this and very first pic starts from Phool Aur Kaante followed by some of his 90s films and others as well.

As a fan, I've seen all of his films till date and In my opinion these are his top 25 movies.

Sorry if this list is long. I don't expect anybody to read all of it.

---

1. The Legend of Bhagat Singh ----- In my opinion his was his best film. Masterpiece that really desevered a Blockbuster but then again he became a 2x National Award Winner.  I loved him in this film in terms of body language and you would think of has Bhagat rather than Ajay himself.

2. Zakhm ---- Fantastic movies and one the bests films I've experienced in Indian Cinema. It was when Ajay started reievented himself as an actor where before he did macho type roles. An example of why he's capable of drama films like this.

3. Company ------ One of the best gangster films. It's a good thing that it was shown and appreciated at Film Festivals like Austria and even Slumdog Millianare director had praised the movie. Ajay as well excellled as gangster and also tied SRK for Screen Award for Best Actor.

4. Deewangee ---- I know it was remake of Primal Fear but still this movie was excellent which keeps you on the edge of you seats. Ajay was terrific and was able remote with those intense eyes. 2002 was his year and also won Best Villain Award for his performance.

5. Omkara ----- Excellent film which was appreciated at Film Festivals. It was a dark movie so these type of films shouldn't be expected to do well at the BO although was successful overseas.

6. Gangaajal ----- One the best cop movies in Indian Cinema. Very realisitic story and character potratyed by Ajay who gives one of the best performance of his career. It done Average at the Box Office because it a was niche movie.

7. Phool Aur Kaante ---- One of those 90s films with a college backdrop but this movie was good. Ajay shines in his debut and won Best Male Debut in 1992 which legendary Dharmendra had presented to him.

8. Apaharan ---- Very good film and an example of the Prakash Jha & Ajay Devgan combo. I felt that Nana Patekar's performance was more appreciated but can't take any thing away from Ajay who done a fantastic job.

9. Khakee ---- Another great cop movie and almost as good as Gangaajal. Again a good story that gives so much curiosity as to what happens especailly the twist where Ajay & Aishwarya trap Akki and have him killed over a file. Ajay had that killer look that goes well his personality in this film.

10. Yuva ----  Well, I don't watch South Indian movies but I heard Ajay played Suriya's role in this film so obviously I can't compare. Nonethless, good drama and those are one of the films where Ajay does well in drama scenes.

11. Dilwale ---- I love this movie a lot. Having to see my favourites Ajay Devgan & Sunil Shetty share a screen space with each other was memerable. Ajay played a role of mentally retarted person in a few scenes and nails it.

12. Suhaag ----- Very good film with lots drama and little bit of comedy from Akki. Again two of my favourites working together and both shared good chemistry.

13. Vijaypath ----- Great action movie. Loved every single bit of it and great chemistry between Ajay & Tabu. Climax where Ajay fights the tiger was brilliant.

14. Haqeeqat ---- Another good action packed movie.

15. Jaan ----- One of my childhood films from Ajay.

16. Divya Shakti ---- This was one of Ajay's rare films which no one probably heard of before. An excellent thriller and series stuff. Loved showdown between Ajay & Amrish Puri.

17. Ishq ---- One of the best films in the 90s era. I suppose it was a once in a life time to see Ajay & Aamir work together but apart from that, both of them shared good chemsitry.

18. Naajayaz ---- This was also one of my childhood movies from Ajay and still have this film on video tape. Very good film :)

19. Diljale ---- One my favourite movies from Ajay. It does have a typical 90s formula where Ajay gets framed for a crime he did not commit. It handled very well especially when Ajay turns a terroist in this film. Also chemistry and romance between Ajay & Sonali were very good.

20. Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam ---- I saw this film in cinema although I was very young back but still a good film. Many people gave credit to Salman & Aishwarya which was understanble but Ajay was good in role. Proven that he can do romance in his own style.

21. Pyaar To Hona Hi Tha ---- This was the best film Ajay & Kajol have done together. I've not seen the Hollywood version but I like this film. Ajay & Kajol chemistry as on screen pair was very good.

22. Once Upon a Time in Mumbai ----- One of the best gangster movies in Indian Cinema which was based on a true story. I don't think it's as good as Company but this film was superb. No dobut Emraan was good but I liked Ajay's performance the most. His dialouges, character portrayal & white outfit gives it that feel of him being Sultan Mirza.

23. Raincoat ----- This also a niche movie but great story and drama as well. It recieved an award the Czech Republic film festival.

24. Singham ---- Very good massy movie despite a few flaws such as the action scenes. Still very entertaining movie. Ajay was was superb and those dialouges were memerable.

25. Drishyam --- Another South Indian remake but can't blame Ajay for choosing this film. It's very good story and thriller that keeps audiences on the edge of their seats. Ajay fits the role as the family man and really gives a good performance.

----

Kachche Dhaage, Golmaal series, All the Best, London Dreams, Blackmail, U Me Aur Tum & Tango Charlie were excellent films. It was a top 25 so I was unable to add it to the list.

Lajja was good it wasn't really an Ajay Devgan film.

closed
in General by Assistant Director (44.0k points)
edited by

1 Answer

+1 vote

Best answer

Ajay once brought tears to young me with Dilwale.So it's the best for me though there are better ones

by Producer (114k points)
selected by
+1

I know. This was one my favorite film as well and full of action & romance. Ajay can do romance and I mean his chemistry with Raveena Tandon was superb. I liked his scenes with Sunil Shetty as well.

I wanted to add many other movies of his but top 25 was enough.

No related questions found