Classifications First Half 2017
Wednesday 05 July 2017 12.00 IST
Box Office India Trade Network
The first half of 2017 has been a poor one with seven films succeeding with one film Bahubali - The Conclusion standing above all despite being dubbed. The film is the biggest blockbuster this century as it sold over 5.25 crore tickets in the Hindi language despite it being a dubbed film. .
Badrinath Ki Dhulhania was the biggest HIT of the first half if we count only outright Hindi films. There were 111 outright Hindi releases and this is the only SUPER HIT film. The other HIT film was Jolly LLB 2 while Hindi Medium scored in the metros but that was enough as against its costs. Raees under performed but was good Overseas. But after what happened with Tubelight the 67 crore odd share of Raees does not as bad as it did when it released with opposition. The classifications of films for first half of 2007 are as follows with apprx distributor shares. The figures in brackets are what the films should have done which would have been fair results.
All Time Blockbuster
1. Bahubali - The Conclusion - 265 crore (75 crore)
2. Badrinath Ki Dulhania - 57 crore (40 crore)
3. Jolly LLB 2 - 53 crore (50 crore)
4. Hindi Medium - 25 crore (20 crore)
5. Raees - 67 crore (75 crore)
6. Sachin - A Billion Dreams - 20 crore (20 crore)
7. The Ghazi Attack - 9 crore (10 crore)
Tubelight - 59 crore expected (100 crore)
Kaabil - 41 crore (55 crore)
Half Girlfriend - 25 crore (35 crore)
The Below Average films made money for the makers but distributors suffered huge losses especially with Tubelight and Kaabil. Tubelight will still be a huge 125 crore in the plus even if you take away the distributor losses from the producers profit but the main issue is the rejection of the film by the audiences.
Three Takeaways from this article.
1. Tubelight is not flop. So salman record of no flop in this decade continues.
2. Kaabil also made huge losses to distributors,though I thought it is a success atleast- As it is clearly mentioned in article that disrtibutors losses in case of Kaabil and tubelight is huge.
3. Most successful hindi film is BKD.