Categories

72.8k questions

278k answers

1.9k users

+2 votes
Sorry for probably making useless posts when we have 'Weekly Ankit posts' ....but these are shockers so i have to get my frustration out somewhere......Moonlight as best film??  And Mahershala Ali getting Oscar as supporting actor....i loved Mahershala's timing n the way he laughed....wanted film more to be about Jaun (Mahershala) n lead actor's relationship n conversations.....but what happened was that he was out of the picture in 10mins.....maybe he didn't even deserve Best supporting nomination n he got an oscar....if i go by these standards, i should believe that Hollywood produced mostly crap this year if these r the best things they had.....Be it best film, best actor, supporting actor and best actress....possibly n hopefully they got Best cinematography n best original song right as i loved both the things in La La Land....but Best Director for La La Land i hope is not true, there must be some better work if we want to save this World
in General by Assistant Director (41.3k points)
edited by

I did. I liked Moonlight.

But also, I haven't watched La La Land yet. so my opinion is limited to my viewing only. Even I can present views with current scenario in US that led to Moonlight's win. Honestly, the moment I watched it I had a strong feeling of it winning. Just the way Oscar committee works. Atleast the selection was not like that of Crash.

read Crash controversy now...thnx........haven't seen many hollywood films to comment here......but few for me, Birdman over Boyhood for me was also a bad thing....Boyhood was too good to be beaten by any film i have seen of Hollywood in 2010s......n Boyhood also deserved cz it didn't have melodrama n had subtle realism which i believe makes u win oscar.....but......then 12 Years a Slave also had a controversy of jury members voting without seeing film cz of being too violent....i believe now that i will find more blunders of Oscars as much as i watch more films.......ab is saal Oscar ko black kr k ghoom rahay hain khushi khushi.....agr criticism na hota to shayad Oscar La La Land ko mil jata aur Mahersha Ali Oscar na jeetata or probably out of nominations hota......Oscars, what they say, Geniuses have fatal flaws

n yeah, KJo confessed to Rajeev Masand that he pretended to like Birdman cz it made him look good as an intellectual)

5 Answers

+1 vote

La la land was my favourite movie of 2016 , a fantastic movie .... loved every second of it , i wanted it to win best picture even though it didn't win , it's still the winner in my eyes.

now , coming to moonlight for me it was good , 7/10 movie.... nothing special and dev patel/shannon/jeff should've won oscar for best supporting actor .... I don't know what's so great about ali performance in moonlight.

by Production Accountant (28.1k points)

yeah great thanks .... now get the f00k out of here

7/10 is too huge for a film like Moonlight.......by the way i believe either a person is an intellectual n he really got that depth of Moonlight n has 9/10 kinda rating or he is dumb like me who didn't get much n rated it 2/5
u liked La La Land....thats good.....a little unexpected from a guy like u to like a romantic film

@badshah u can't expect anything from a person like Tyler. There is no person inside them indeed....they found great only on review or hailing on trend. I'm agree with grand nova

i would like to believe Tyler is sharing his honest opinion n only his opinion.....even though we all sometimes get influenced by what we hear abt the film......but even that influence can't make a film go for a rating like 7/10.....Tyler must have liked it

+1 vote

you have to understand hollywood turning up against trump with everything they've got......this year's oscar was all about hollywood praising its own might..... through oscar

giving LA LA LAND most nominations in the history of oscars ... just because it shows the what hollywood is and does to people...even the good/sincere people......

now coming to moon light....... this is where the protest is against donald trump...

as you know nowadays... what are the halaats of USA's media and and how its rolled its sleeves to ridicule trump (im not here to judge)
.moonlight had a BLACK guy , a MUSLIM BLACK actor, GAAY character........ meaning ...all of the sections which are sensitive and made fun and ridiculed by USA in past couple of years..... GAAY CLUBS shooting, police men shooting black people and muslim countries ban......and hollywood is showing its support like this.

and thats how they gave moonlight oscar and mahershala ali best supporting actor

by Super-star (198k points)

i really forgot this Trump angle........if that is for that then i m loving it......i love Trump....he is the most entertaining piece ever came on Earth for me crossing Bush, Nawaz n Modi....the dumbest people i believe........but Trump n his team wins over anything.....he deserved this kinda attention from Oscars as there best actress is also overrated :D ....i was rooting for Trump.....this is fun.....i wanted World to be funnier n loved his Muslim ban too.....i wish Courts don't interfere n let him do what he wants to.......n then this kinda Oscar revenge is beautiful even in winning section also n not jst in commentary......America is gonna be great again.....missed Moonlight putting salt on Trump's twitter as didn't see his reaction

+1 vote

Will watch moonlight soon. But I found LA LA land most overrated film of all-time. It was OK for me. I would rate 6 out of 10 but the way whole Hollywood halied this flick that made me awkwardly sick. This film is for some pathetic sick soul who have been living in frustration for years.

by Producer (115k points)

i prefer Bollywood for Romance......Pretty Woman is the only unforgettable romantic film of Hollywood....like it is up there in list of all time favorites.....maybe cz they don't hv good BGM plus they turn romance into a p.o.r.n.....e.g. The Notebook's first 20,30mins r outstanding, but then they turn that film into a p.o.r.n......thats why mostly hate Hollywood romantic films....n i laugh at some of the Titanic scenes especially cz Kate Winslet looks older than Leo n climax scene jst appears to be funny everytime i see it as Kate not even for once asks Leo to join her on that plank....anyways
suggest some Korean films then

Daisy
A moment to remember
A millionaires first love
My sassy girl
Windstruck
Always
Try these first. Pure romantic movies. U need subtitle but you will enjoy it

i don't have any problem with subtitles....i enjoy other culture films....have seen some french films n adored all.....last week Marathi film Court dekh kr hta hn subtitles k saath
.thnx....will watch all hopefully

+1

Some Will be hard to find. But you will get it with little patience.

+1 vote

Moonlight Is Absolutely A Marvelous Movie. Better Than La La Land In Every Aspect, Except Perhaps The Soundtrack.
But It's Funny As Well As Sad To See How Our Pseudo Intellectuals Eat Up Every Shit Hollywood Throws At Us.

by Unit Manager (36.4k points)

i wish...not joking at all....i really wish i have that eye of liking superbly loved films like Blue Valentine or this Moonlight or TAOJJBCRF kinda films n esp. see that subtleness working in a big way which bores me but makes people really love these films......i need to grow as an audience maybe cz it feels abnormal to sometimes not finding something worthy when it is considered really worthy by sane people

+1 vote

Haven't seen Moonlight but La La Land was my favorite movie of 2016. It deserves the best director award IMO.

by Super-star (169k points)

i too liked it......best director.......hopefully not....hopefully better directed films r there in 2016

No related questions found