settingsLogin | Registersettings
Show Menu

Eid is owned by Salman Khan, will never release a film on that day - Karan Johar

+2 votes
http://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/news/371941/eid-owned-salman-khan-will-never-release-film-day-karan-johar

Karan Johar is one filmmaker who surely knows when to release his films, be it as a director or as a producer. His last film, Ae Dil Hai Mushkil clashed with Ajay Devgn's Shivaay.
Today, at the trailer launch of Badrinath Ki Dulhania, when Karan Johar was asked if he would ever release a film on Eid, which is considered to be the most sought after release date, the filmmaker flatly refused.
He said, "No. I don't want to release on that day. Eid belongs to Salman Khan and is owned by him. Unless I do a film with him then I can very happily arrive on Eid. Look we are here to release films in a manner we can optimize numbers. As a producer, the studio we partner with, we make sure that we come on a day when we can really choose. We have to see what is coming before, what is coming after and lot of verticals need to be seen. You have to truly strategise the release and the post work is also very critical. How many screens and all. The release date is becoming more challenging and it is something we have to toy a lot."
Well, we absolutely agree to KJo! Eid belongs to Bhai!
in General by Executive Producer (63.7k points)

1 Answer

+3 votes

Best answer

He must be talking to srk on phone when he said that

by Super-star (198k points)
selected by

Categories

72.8k questions

278k answers

342k comments

1.9k users

Related questions