settingsLogin | Registersettings
Show Menu

Kareena Kapoor, Anushka, Katrina – actresses who should be THANKFUL to Salman Khan!

+4 votes

http://www.bollywoodlife.com/news-gossip/kareena-kapoor-khan-anushka-sharma-katrina-kaif-actresses-who-should-be-thankful-to-salman-khan/

Success, success and more success…

Now there might be a few actresses who think they don’t need a ‘Khan’ to make it big in Bollywood. But whoever has worked with Salman Khan would definitely realise how they’ve made the wisest choice by signing a film opposite Salman. I mean, blame it on his humungous stardom, his success ratio is so consistently on point. None of Salman’s recent films have collected anything less than Rs 200 crore including his recent release Sultan which is already inching towards the Rs 300 crore club. Now don’t you think that’s like a bonus to whoever works with Salman? Especially for his heroines who tend to get a guaranteed Rs 200 crore film, irrespective of how meaty their role is. So here’s taking a look at all the actresses who really need to thank Salman for boosting their success ratio in Bollywood…

Anushka Sharma

No. of films: 1

Box office: Rs 220 crore and still counting

We start with Anushka because obviously the Sultan fever is still on. We remember how for the longest time, Sultan had no heroine. There were rumours of how every big actress was rejecting the film due to some or the other reason. But Anushka took it up and guess it’s working in favour like never before. Sultan has already collected over Rs 220 crore where trade experts further suggest it’s soon to become the highest grosser of all times. With so much success to bask in, don’t you think Ms Sharma should thank Salman for this gratefulness in the form of Sultan? But no! Anushka instead, in an interview said, “It’s not because of any one film. That’s my attitude towards my work. I pick my films based on the scripts first and foremost. The character I’m playing obviously has to contribute to the film. It just can’t be for beauty. That’s what I’ve done with all my films and characters. This was the same thing. That’s what I was looking for in Sultan and I am so glad that I found it.” Well, your thoughts?

Kareena Kapoor Khan

No. of films with Salman: 4

Box office: Rs 500 crore approx

Kareena has delivered the maximum number of hit films with Salman. She has a record of 4 films with Salman namely – Kyon Ki, Bodyguard, Main Aur Mrs Khanna and Bajrangi Bhaijaan. Although Kyon Ki and Main Aur Mrs Khanna failed to create huge records at the box office. But she made up for the loss with the following two biggest blockbusters –  Bodyguard and Bajrangi Bhaijaan which went on to make a lifetime collection of Rs 150 crore and Rs 321 crore respectively. Now isn’t that enough to declare her success in Bollywood?

Katrina Kaif

No. of films with Salman: 4

Box office: Rs 310 crore

Katrina and Salman’s pairing too is quite a bankable one at the box office. Their films include Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya, Partner, Yuvraaj, Ek Tha Tiger where except for Yuvraaj, every other film did pretty well at the box office. In fact, Ek Tha Tiger turned out to become the first film which actually helped Katrina enter the crore club by collecting a total sum of Rs 199 crore lifetime. Now this could also be coz of Katrina and Salman’s real life chemistry. But whatever be the reason, Katrina owes her success to Salman – agree?

Jacqueline Fernandez

No. of films with Salman: 1

Box office: Rs 233 crore

Now Jacqueline might have just done one film – Kick, with Salman. But that alone was enough to give her a successful entry into the coveted crore club. Kick managed to gross a whopping Rs 233 crore, which only explains that had it not been a Salman film, Jacqueline wouldn’t have made it to the Crore club. I mean, take a look at her previous releases and you will know what I am trying to say. Except for Kick and Housefull 2 which made about Rs 118 crore, none of her films have managed to make it to the crore club. So it’s like Salman’s kick, literally kick-started her box office success….

Sonam Kapoor

No. of films with Salman: 1

Box office success: Rs 210 crore

Sonam and Salman paired up for just one film- Prem Ratan Dhan Payo which again turned out to become a huge blockbuster. The larger than life film marked the return of director Sooraj Barjatya and honestly, it was more about Salman’s Prem magic, than his chemistry with Sonam. But just because Ms Kapoor was his lead heroine, she got to bask the success of PRDP and guess she can’t thank him enough. Amirite?

Sonakshi Sinha

No. of films: 2

Box office success: Rs 300 crore

And last but not the least we have Sonakshi Sinha on the list who became the face of Salman’s franchise – Dabbang and Dabbang 2. Both the films went on to make huge collections at the box office. In fact, Dabbang was Sonakshi’s debut film in Bollywood and thank her stars, it turned out to become one of the biggest blockbusters of Bollywood. Indeed, she couldn’t have got a better break than this. Don’t you think so?

in General by Executive Producer (63.7k points)
reopened by

2 Answers

+3 votes

Best answer

Sonali Bendre and Mamta Kulkarni got their only Blockbusters with Salman.
Bhagyashree and Madhuri Dixit got their only ATBB with Salman Khan.

Rambha got Bandhan and Judwaa with Salman.
Bhumika Chawla became famous because of Tere Naam

by Producer (114k points)
selected by
+1 vote

SRK launched Deepika & Anushka and we all know where these 2 ladies stands now.

Salman launched Sonakshi, Daisy Shah etc and we all know where these 2 stands now :p

Take it as fun

by Production Designer (13.8k points)

Categories

72.8k questions

278k answers

342k comments

1.9k users

Related questions

+4 votes
2 answers 152 views
+4 votes
2 answers 152 views