settingsLogin | Registersettings
Show Menu

MAINE PYAR KIYA IS 25 - 5 Killer Dialogues from the film. (Source: NDTV)

+5 votes

http://movies.ndtv.com/bollywood/maine-pyar-kiya-is-25-5-killer-dialogues-719386

Maine Pyar Kiya

Salman and Bhagyashree in a still from Maine Pyar Kiya

THE BLOCKBUSTER HIT - CO-STARRING BHAGYASHREE AS SUMAN - WAS POSSESSED OF THE CHARM SO PECULIAR TO EIGHTIES BOLLYWOOD - DESPITE THE CHEESY MOMENTS, AND THERE WERE MANY, IT WAS HARD TO RESIST

On December 29, 1989 - 24-year-old Salman Khan played the very first in a series of heroes named Prem. That was 25 years ago. The blockbuster hit that was Maine Pyar Kiya - co-starring Bhagyashree as Suman - was possessed of the charm so peculiar to Eighties Bollywood - despite the cheesy moments, and there were many, it was hard to resist.

On Maine Pyar Kiya's 25th anniversary, here's a recap of five dialogues that we still remember:

Dosti ka ek usool hai madam, no sorry no thank you - With these words, Prem and Suman were friends forever.

Udaas hona, yun akele me rona is injurious to health, sehat ke liye hanikarak hota hai - Don't worry, be happy.

Dosti ki hai, nibhani toh padegi hi- What to do, it's all about loving your friends.

Aaj kal darwaaze pe knock karke aane ka zamaana nahin raha. Aaj kal darwaaze ko lock karke rakhne ka zamaana bhi nahin raha - Oops. Moral of the story - bathroom doors are tricky.

Ek ladka aur ek ladki kabhi dost nahin hote - OKAY THEN. That's Bollywood's attitude towards love stories, in one pithy sentence.

in Opinion by All Time best! (302k points)

1 Answer

+1 vote

Best answer

Thanks for sharing...
There are so many things we used to say in day to day life to our friends...
All dialogues are Legendary....
Dosti ki hai Nibhani toh pdege - I use this line very often in conversation with my friends..Although this line is filmy but Very cool and It fits Everywhere from going coffee with them to Releasing friends from Awkward tricky position/Situation...

by Director (131k points)
selected by

Categories

72.8k questions

278k answers

342k comments

1.9k users