settingsLogin | Registersettings
Show Menu

This was one Kapoor family I wanted to do good in their respective filmy careers.

+9 votes
2.3k views

Shashi Kapoor married Jennifer Kendal in 1958. She died in 1984. They had 3 children - Kunal Kapoor, Karan Kapoor & Sanjana Kapoor. Jennifer Kendal aka Jennifer Kapoor was an actress too. In 1970, Shashi Kapoor & Jennifer Kendal both starred together in the film Bombay Talkie. She starred in 36 Chowringhee Lane (1981) which was the directorial debut of Aparna Sen. She also starred in Shyam Benegal's directorial Junoon (1978), Satyajit Ray's Ghare Baire (1984).

Jennifer Kendal

In Pics - Bombay Talkie, Junoon, 36 Chowringhee Lane, Heat And Dust & Ghare-Baire.

Their sons Kunal Kapoor & Karan Kapoor too had a brief stint in Bollywood. While they had the looks & the voice, it wasn't something Indian audience would've approved off. Karan Kapoor starred in films like Sultanat & Loha alongside actors like Dharmendra, Shatrughan Sinha, Sridevi, Sunny Deol, Juhi Chawla, Mandakini etc... Kunal Kapoor debuted in Siddhartha. Later he starred in films like Ahista Ahista opposite Padmini Kolhapure, Vijeta alongside his dad Shashi Kapoor, Rekha, Supriya Pathak etc.., Utsav (1984)...

Kunal Kapoor
Karan Kapoor

The daughter Sanjana Kapoor who is like a pearl to the theater community ran Prithvi theater from 1993-2012. Like her brothers even she starred in the movies produced by her parents like 36 Chowringhee Lane & Utsav. Her first leading role was in the movie Hero Hiralal opposite Naseeruddin Shah, a movie directed by Ketan Mehta. She also appeard in the highly acclaimed Salaam Bombay but ever since has stayed away from the big screen.

in Self Written Articles by All Time best! (302k points)

2 Answers

0 votes

Best answer

If there is a course called bwood
den U will pass with a DISTINCTION grade
I hv never seen a movie lover like U my friend
simply awestruck !

by Producer (118k points)
selected by
5 reasons to love Akshay Kumar
0 votes

Great work.........................................................

by All Time best! (326k points)

Categories

72.8k questions

278k answers

342k comments

1.9k users

Related questions

+4 votes
2 answers 336 views
336 views asked Dec 4, 2017 in Movies by Suhas All Time best! (302k points)
+4 votes
4 answers 313 views