Categories

72.8k questions

278k answers

1.9k users

+9 votes
1.5k views

Here is my third post from the IMDB top 250 review series. I have already reviewed La Dolce Vita  which you can read here. The Third film I'm gonna review is Jurassic Park released in 1993.

MV5 BMj Ez OTUx MTA0 MF5 BMl5 Ban Bn Xk Ft ZTcw Mj Mz MTAw NwStory: Almost everyone knows the story, but for those that are clueless here is a summary. Archeologists Alan Grant (Sam Neill) and Ellie Sattler (Laura Dern) join Ian Malcolm (Jeff Goldblum), Gennaro (Martin Ferrero), and John Hammond (Richard Attenborough) in order to endorse Jurassic Park, an upcoming tourist attraction that houses live dinosaurs cloned from DNA found inside fossilized mosquitos.

MV5 BMzcz Njcx MDEz Nl5 BMl5 Ban Bn Xk Ft ZTcw MDMw Mj Y3 NgIan believes that these scientists, are in essence, playing God, and messing with things that shouldn’t be messed with. No matter how hard they try to control the animals, life will find a way, as it always has before. Alan and Ellie find the dinosaurs quite stunning, but even they say they can’t easily predict how it would be for humans to interact with dinosaurs. Pretty soon, they were right, and they are running for their lives.

My review: It has been over 2-3 years since I've last seen this and today I re-visited this timeless classic again. I never realized that there could be a movie that just never gets old and gets more and more exciting with every time you watch it. Steven Spielberg adapts the novel faithfully and brings the dinosaurs to life with amazing technology which still amazes me to this day, 20 years later. John William's score is still as unforgettable as ever, it's just a really beautiful and moving score that suits the movie perfectly. 

True, the story may not be all that believable, but its a film for entertainment, not education.  It is truly a classic and well worth adding to your film collection. The following sequels are not even worth mentioning but Jurassic Park, standing on its own, is as impressive today as it was all those years ago.

Spielberg spends the first half of the movie getting the viewer to let their mind go in the wonder of dinosaurs being alive. The second half of the film is when all the action takes place.

What I most enjoyed about the movie were the action sequences[duh!]. I've seen hundreds of movies, yet my favorite scene of all time is the scene where the Tyrannosaur escapes and attack the cars. It's just so amazing and so iconic. The rain just adds a certain tone that draws you in, adding tons of tension; And when I see the T-Rex escaping through her fence and attacking the 2 children still gives me shivers. 

MV5 BNTE3 ODQ4 Njkw NV5 BMl5 Ban Bn Xk Ft ZTcw Mzg4 OTI3 OACast Performance: My favorite individual performance in the film was that of Jeff Goldblum! He was just terrific, possibly one of his best roles as he too tends to be an acquired taste, as Dr. Ian Malcolm, a mathematician who warns right from the beginning of playing God. 

Sam Neill was perfect for the role as Dino genius Dr. Allan Grant!

Laura Dern has also done well as Ellie Sattler.

Joseph Mazzello and Ariana Richards play Tim and Lexi Murphy, Hammond's grandkids. Oh my word! Both were terrific and truly capture the teen audience very well and have some really hair raising scenes. 

Summary:  The movie has an amazing story, riveting action and everything that makes an epic film amazing. All in all, the movie is quite solid. Audiences of all ages will love it, especially those with interest in science or dinosaurs. It might be frightening for some children!

The film is great fun from beginning to end and deserves to be up there with Jaws and King Kong as one of the all time great monster movies.

Verdict: A groundbreaking classic. [There was no need for Sequels tho!]

Rating: 86/100 

Note: I can point out many flaws but would care not to as its a movie to enjoy not to analyse! As I said before this film is for entertainment, not education! Timeless classic!

The top 250 keeps on changing but I think I will follow the 250 I have shown here. Next in the list is The Diving Bell and the Butterfly (2007). But I will skip the next one - Three Colors: Red (1994) coz this film is the third part of a trilogy. To understand it better I will have to watch the prequels which I'm not looking forward to do right now.

closed
in Self Written Articles by Assistant Director (56.0k points)

5 Answers

0 votes

Best answer

One of my favourite films
i was small when i first saw it and from the scenr where allan tell little child about how a raptor will eat him i was thinking at that time that he was telling it to me

my rating will be 9/10

by All Time best! (269k points)
selected by
0 votes

Hahaha LOL everyone has watched this movie but after reading your review they will feel they have watched "Classic"..!

by
Okay got it! Lol.
0 votes

I remember I was 3-4 years when I 1st watched the film..!! It was my favourite film then..

by Super-star (176k points)
I remember I watched it when I was in 3rd class. I think I watched it in DD national or DD Metro i dont know.. But I was scared like sh*t.
+1
I was also scared but loved the film..!!..My mother says I would dream about a dinosaur entering my house and act as if I was fighting with it in sleep.
LOL on that..
hehe...:P
0 votes

100/100..................................

by All Time best! (326k points)
0 votes

I might be one of those few persons here who watched it in theatre both during its original release(i was arnd 5 then,heard it from my mom though dnt remember a thing) and its 3d re release last year.

by All Time best! (295k points)
Thats cool man. I have also seen the 3D one in theater which I feel was totally unnecessary!
The 3d was pathetic

Related questions

+2 votes
1 answer 192 views
192 views asked Apr 26, 2019 in Self Written Articles by Rancho Executive Producer (63.3k points)
+2 votes
3 answers 383 views
383 views asked Apr 9, 2019 in Self Written Articles by Rancho Executive Producer (63.3k points)