+2 votes

New Delhi: 

Looks like Amitabh Bachchan has added one more film to his impressive list of upcoming projects. On Saturday, trade analyst Taran Adarsh reported that Mr Bachchan and Ajay Devgn have collaborated for a new film titled Mayday. By Taran Adarsh's description, it appears that Mayday will turn out to be a compelling thriller. Ajay Devgn, who has shared screen space with Big B, will direct the 78-year-old megastar in Mayday. "Ajay Devgn to direct Amitabh Bachchan in an edge-of-the-seat human drama titled Mayday," tweeted Taran Adarsh.

While Ajay Devgn will also co-star with Mr Bachchan in the film, the rest of the cast is yet to be finalized. The film's schedule will begin in December: "Ajay is playing a pilot in the film... Remaining cast under finalisation... Produced and directed by Ajay Devgn... Starts this December in Hyderabad," tweeted Taran Adarsh.

Ajay Devgn and Amitabh Bachchan have previously worked together in films such as Aag, Satyagraha, Khakee, Teen Patti and Major Saab.

Source Link: https://www.ndtv.com/entertainment/ajay-devgn-to-direct-amitabh-bachchan-in-new-film-titled-mayday-details-here-2322009
asked in Cinematic Discussion by Production Designer (13.5k points)
45% Accept Rate

2 Answers

+2 votes

Forum seems to be empty since last month with less activity. That's why I haven't been active but miss old times on here from 2014-2017.

I will copy and paste my first two paragraphs that I wrote on Facebook.

Ajay can be so unpredictable sometimes that you never know what movie is going to announced. This one is a surprise but I hope Ajay still can fill in his dates for Maidaan, Kaithi remake & YRF movie. Chanakya is a big movie that needs a lot of time and it was supposed to go on floors last Oct but pandemic happened.

I read last year or before that Ajay wanted to go back into direction. He's better of producing this thing rather than being a director. Story should work but Ajay needs be careful here with the screenplay.

Nobody should underestimate Ajay because he's such an ambitious guy when it comes to scale of the project. Shivaay may have not work (Despite a good effort) but Tanhaji makes up as the movie got good reviews hence its BO success.

His line up is terrific. That's why he's going have a much more longativty as a solo hero like Akshay Kumar. With this amazing line up, he must give a 300cr this decade but at least one or two is fine.

I'm very happy for Ajay and love him very much as a fan. Hope he shines for the next couple years with good movies and BO success.

answered by Unit Manager (36.2k points)
+1 vote

If this news is true, a good one indeed. Hopefully Ajay does direction better as compared to his previous two outings

answered by Super-star (174k points)

Related questions

+2 votes
4 answers 365 views
365 views asked Oct 29, 2016 in Movies by PraKaSh Camera Operator (9.2k points)
+1 vote
9 answers 520 views