+1 vote

My prediction

Gulabo Sitabo 40-45 cr

Dil Bechaara 85-90 cr 

Gunjan Saxena 50 cr

Sadak 2   30 cr

Khaali Peeli 45-50 cr

Note -  I haven't watched any of these movies , just pedicting on the basis of Trailer Reviews and general wom.

asked in Box Office Discussions by Location Manager (6.2k points)
74% Accept Rate

edited by

Gulabo Sitabo = 35cr max with mixed wom.

Dil Bechara = 40cr max even with the death of SSR. Originally it was meant to fold below 20cr.

Gunjan Saxena = modest 55cr. This content sells higher than it's potential since URI. Just keeping it similar to Neerja.

Sadak 2 = 25cr. With no hit songs, even Alia cannot pull the audience for this film and the trailer was bland enough.

Khaali Peeli = 30-35cr aided by Mumbai only.

Shakuntala Devi = 30cr probably but that would be the limit as overall content didn't suggest any chance at the box office.

Barring Gunjan Saxena, none of the OTT releases had any chance at the box office. Only Gulabo Sitabo had the attention only due to the pairing but the film itself was a dud.

All Vidyut Jammwal starrers would have failed theatrically & went onto fetch decent price for streaming rights.

though i have not seen it but Dil Bechara would have made much more

I don't care about these movies. If I was to predict Bhuj: The Pride of India (Although not released) then It could have been 200cr. Same goes for Laxmmi Bomb.

3 Answers

+1 vote

Best answer

Gulabo Sitabo was very boring. 30-35cr I feel, only for the lead pair. Might have gone as low as 25cr. The 75cr deal with Amazon was a huge win for them.

Dil Bechara also. Might have become a hit because of his unfortunate death. But 85-90cr I feel is too much. The film wasn't that good. Would have covered it's cost and become a hit, but maybe 60-70cr I feel. Had he not passed away and the film released theatrically, 30-35cr max and IMDb rating between 4-5. I felt it was a bad remake of Fault in our stars.

Agree with the rest. Sadak 2 would have had a good opening day but crashed post evening shows.

Shakuntala Devi also had a OTT release. Maybe around 30-35cr, like other Vidya Balan solo films.

answered by Location Scout (3.3k points)
selected by
0 votes

GS: 35cr
Sadak 2: 20cr
GS: 50cr
SD: 30cr
Dil Bechara: 80cr (content was totally crap)

Lootcase and Khuda Haafiz....let's not even go there

answered by Super-star (174k points)
0 votes

All in all a washout year for bollywood .........

Gulabo <40
Khali Peeli 40-50
Gunjan Aunty 40
DB 75+ . Mostly Symapthy
S2 30
SD 25

answered by Set Decorator (1.6k points)

Related questions