0 votes

A new Hindi film may hit theatres after over six months though it will not be in India. The Akshay Kumar starrer Laxmmi Bomb may see an overseas release in places like UK, USA / Canada, Gulf and other markets where cinemas have opened which would be sight for sore eyes.

The film will come on the Hotstar platform also which is there in Overseas but it hardly has any penetration with very few subscribers be it UK or US. It will be a simultaneous release with theaters and OTT. The Overseas release is not certain as the situation regarding Covid19 in 7-8 weeks time is an unknown and the plans can change but if it can reach theaters it would be a start to get things going again even though its outside India. 

There have been some releases in Overseas in the past few months like Baaghi3, Housefull 3 and Good Newwz in Gulf, Simmba in USA and Dil Berchara in New Zealand among others but the results have been dull. Dil Bechara put up a $43k total in 5 weeks which was the best result but a film like Laxmi Bomb should be able to get some decent numbers even with covid19 and an OTT release at the same time. Also there has to be start at some point getting new films to theatres where they are open and the festival of lights would be an good time to start

Source Link: https://boxofficeindia.com/report-details.php?articleid=6087
asked in BOI Update by Super-star (174k points)
77% Accept Rate

2 Answers

0 votes

Best answer

Anyways this one could easily have been Akshays entry into 200cr club but they have made a wrong decision.. Even Sooryavanshi could falter to meet 200cr if it has outright negative wom but Laxxmi Bomb was the perfect entertainer for Akshay to do huge at box-office

answered by Executive Producer (67.9k points)
selected by

No, it was the right decision because of the current situation. If it released then it wouldn't have not crossed 200cr during the pandemic with a low occupancy. Only if things were normal without the ConVid19 then 200cr would be possible.

Im saying on normal conditions or even with an improved condotion when theatres reopen plus if they had an option to wait for some kind of normalcy to return.. If both Sooryavanshi and Laxmi Bimb both were to release under similar situations then i fee Laxxmi Bomb would be safest bet for Akshay at boxoffice.

0 votes

I won't be watching it. I'll save it for a free streaming site called Einthusan post its release. It only works outside of India, I think.

answered by Unit Manager (36.2k points)

Related questions

+2 votes
4 answers 331 views
331 views asked Oct 4 in BOI Update by Intense Super-star (174k points)
0 votes
6 answers 213 views