0 votes

Raj Kapoor

Yash Chopra

Subhash Ghai

Threse are the clear top three directors who made sure their music was always excellent

Other than them these  directors also had good music in their movies

Karan Johar

Manoj Kumar

Prakash Mehra

Feroz Khan

Mahesh Bhatt

Mansor Khan

Aditya chopra

The most collobarated music directors  Shanker Jaikishen Laxmikant Pyarelal Kalyanji Anandji  Shiv Hari  Nadeem Shrawan 

In today's era of bankrupt music , only Karan Johar seems to have good music in his movies

asked in Cinematic Discussion by Location Manager (6k points)
74% Accept Rate

edited by

though i agree with you about anurag basu he too puts good emphasis on music in his movies

+2

sooraj had more movie inside the songs instead of songs inside the movie

+1

@Baadshah Nah. You can clearly seen the scene itself transitioning into songs. The emotions. That's exactly why those are masterclass in screen writing. A proper musicals & that has always been Sooraj's core strength. What could be a 5 minute dialogue filled scene, he replaces the same with songs, conveying the whole emotions of those dialogue with shear poetry.

Even in his dull PRDP, you can clearly see that when Jalte Diye. The whole emotions, the conflicts, the guilt all of it is expressed through those lyrics & visually the diyas are the representation of it. That is simply mastering the art.

You can see it in legendary directors in their legendary films. Be it The Godfather where a simple object like orange fruit plays such an important role. Because the presence of oranges in any scene in Godfather signifies death (in a way hints viewers that a death is gonna happen on screen). Sooraj incorporated it into his musical dramas & the emotions are varied. Reason why be it Karan Johar or Aditya Chopra, learnt film making from him. The inspiration was that strong.

Even the critics have never raised a finger on Sooraj Barjatya's directorial skills. Because the finesse touch is still intact.

I am not at all against songs bhai....I love the screenplay being helped by a song always...I love the musicals....I love Jaan-e-mann the most from Salman's filmography for that reason also.....I am not against Sooraj doing that.....but just the way mumbo wrote it, it was laughable cz it reminded me of Sooraj's songs like uncle bhi khush, aunty bhi, chachi bhi, deewar bhi.....these kinda lyrics he had which were funny in a sweet way

6 Answers

+1 vote

Best answer

Raj Kapoor is the greatest showman of Indian cinema and in music too atleast half of his songs are all time classic , he is perhaps the greatest figure of Indian cinema
Other than that i like Subhash ghai Yash chopra Feroz Khan and also subtle songs of Hrishikesh Mukherjee and Basu Chaterjee

Raj Kapoor
Yash Chopra
Subhash Ghai
Gurudutt
Feroz Khan
Karan Johar
HM /Basu Da

answered by Set Designer (2.1k points)
selected by

some of very obscure movies have excellent tracks

+1 vote

Only Mohit suri seems to have good ears for music in today's time though he is terrible at direction.

answered by Production Accountant (27.7k points)
edited by

agree mohit suri too has good ears for music

+1 vote

Raj Kapoor
Yash Chopra
Karan Johar

Mahesh bhatt used to have great music in his movies too. Of course, there can be others also, but the ones I mentioned put most emphasis on good music I feel.

answered by Super-star (173k points)

Baadshah, with Karan Johar, Alia bhatt, Big B, music will definitely be good, i am confident Ranbir will have a record 15cr opener to his name. His last big opener came on the back of Hirani. This time also he has a lot of padding. And of course he might marry Alia before the movie's release to boost up the numbers....by a few coins.

LOL....one thing ranbir knows the best is to use his personal life for his professional life....i m sure opening will be really good....but then it all depends on ranbir, I m sure he will be living his character as always.....

there is no such Pakistani forum mumbo....what to do.....by the way I am planning to watch Besharam twice tonight.....any other recommendations?

Intense yara, rehnay dy iskay comments.....he doesn't know me yet.....he trying to make me angry actually makes me laugh.....for mumbo, i m one of the coolest user on this forum, I belong to the lot of cool old users like Charlie'runkle types......you can't make me angry kiddo

+1 vote

Raj kapoor

yash chopra

manmohan desai

subhas ghai

manoj kumar

prakash mehra

vijay anand

answered by Production Designer (13.4k points)

0 votes

Sooraj Barjatya is among 2 or 3

answered by Editor (88.8k points)

no way bro , not even in top 10 he only has 2 or 3 movies with genuine good music his last 2 movies had outright average music
there are directors with 10+ good music movies and in yash chopra case maybe even more

He has only 6 movies

exactly!!

HAHK soundtrack is an all time classic and one of the best in Indian Cinema but other soundtracks of his range from good to decent to average

0 votes

Ofcourse , Raj Kapoor who else

he was a true showman and a legend who passionately made movies his music sense was outstanding too ,he was thoroughly involved in the music of his movies including lyrics with others unlike today where people just have assigned roles

Other than that Yash Chopra Subhash Ghai Karan Johar

answered by Set Decorator (1.4k points)

Related questions

+3 votes
3 answers 152 views
+7 votes
6 answers 239 views