+1 vote

Actor Tiger Shroff’s next film, Rambo, will now be directed by Rohit Dhawan. According to report in Mumbai Mirror, Rohit stepped in after Siddharth Anand moved out.

For the uninitiated, Rambo is the official Hindi adaptation of Sylvester Stallone’s Hollywood cult franchise, Rambo. A source told the publication, “Rambo is Tiger’s baby and he is kicked about stepping into his idol Stallone’s shoes. After being put on the back-burner for a while, the project is being revived with Rohit Dhawan as director.”

The report further adds that though Siddharth had confirmed that he would be collaborating with Tiger after War for Rambo, much has changed since then. Siddharth had moved on to scripting for a forthcoming Shah Rukh Khan film, while Tiger was getting ready for his next film with his mentor Sajid Nadiadwala and Ahmed Khan. The trio were to take the story of Heropanti forward.

However, work on Rambo will begin only towards the end of 2021 and the reason is that Rohit will first complete his film with Kartik Aaryan, a Hindi remake of Allu Arjun hit Ala Vaikunthapurramuloo. “Rohit has already locked the script of his next commercial entertainer with Kartik and is expected to kickstart it around February. With some free time in his hand, the director has started work on the Rambo remake with his team of writers,” the source added.

Speaking the project, Siddharth had told Mumbai Mirror last year: “After I complete my current film with Tiger and Hrithik Roshan, I will start prepping for Rambo from September. Tiger will begin his prep from November-December and we will set the ball rolling in the new year, shooting both in India and abroad. The recce will begin soon. We have already locked a release date, October 2, 2020.”

Source Link: https://m.hindustantimes.com/bollywood/tiger-shroff-to-start-shooting-for-hindi-adaptation-of-rambo-from-january-next-year/story-Xm2CEnc0gyHN91jJB23uGJ.html
asked in General Queries by Location Manager (6k points)
74% Accept Rate

5 Answers

+2 votes

He's doing Rambo?? What were Baaghi 2 & 3 then??

answered by Mega Star (225k points)
+1

same same but different

but still same

+1 vote

Can't say about Rambo as Tiger has a pretty good following. If Baaghi 3 was on it's way to make 125crores+ (had it not been for the virus), then Rambo can go anywhere. Also, Dishoom was a decent action entertainer, so this one might be the same.

I am extremely worried about the AVKP remake. Allu Arjun and the songs are the only reason why the movie became such a big hit, otherwise it was just a typical family film done so many times.

Kartik Aryan replacing him and Rohit Dhawan the director! I have no hopes from the film.

answered by Art Director (3k points)

yes tiger is a killer in action genre he delievered two bb in 2 years , rambo can surprise trade if well made with a good trailer

dishoom was a atrocious movie that guy needs only 10% of his father to deliever a good movie

0 votes

I do not think that tiger shroff will be able to survive in the industry for much time. He's one genre actor i.e Action. Though his teen fan following is quite big possibly the biggest in next Gen stars.

answered by Location Scout (4.5k points)

Agree he is only a one genre actor. But the public love him. Not just people in their teens, but the mass audience in the interior cities of India.

Sunny Deol also had the same image and his films got great initials because of the action component. If it's a well made action film with even a decent story, then Tiger will continue to survive.

In India, once an image has been set, people don't want to see you in any other kind of film. Salman in masala entertainers since 2010 or SRK as a romantic lead in the 90s/early 2000s. I feel Tiger will continue to survive on the basis of his action, as long as the script is engaging, unlike a Baaghi 3. The audience won't be so forgiving each time.

0 votes

Again the same stuff. The same stunts. And zero content.

answered by Super-star (173k points)
0 votes

he is a mass action star no doubt

answered by Set Designer (2.1k points)

Related questions

0 votes
4 answers 206 views
+1 vote
6 answers 303 views
303 views asked May 17, 2019 in Cinematic Discussion by Maniac01 Camera Operator (12k points)