–1 vote

New Delhi: 

Rohit Shetty's Sooryavanshi, starring Akshay Kumar in the lead role, and Kabir Khan's sports drama '83 featuring Ranveer Singh, will be releasing in theatres only. The makers of both the films, Reliance Entertainment, in its latest tweet, revealed that contrary to the rumours that are doing the rounds on social media, both the films will have theatrical releases. Earlier, there were rumours that both the films will be releasing on OTT platforms. "We are very confident that the ongoing theatrical exhibition situation will improve much in time for the release of our awaited films, Sooryavanshi and '83, this Diwali and Christmas, respectively," read the statement released by Reliance Entertainment on Sunday

which was earlier slated to open in theatres on March 27, is now scheduled to release on Diwali. It is the fourth film in Rohit Shetty's cop universe. Other than Akshay Kumar and Katrina Kaif, the film also features Ranveer Singh (who played a police officer in the 2018 film Simmba) and Ajay Devgn (who starred in the cop series Singham ). In the upcoming film, Akshay will play the lead role of Veer Sooryavanshi, a character that was introduced as an Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS) officer in a cameo role in Simmba.Meanwhile, Ranveer Singh's '83, which was scheduled to release on April 10 this year, will now hit the theatres on Christmas. The film, directed by Kabir Khan showcases the story of India's iconic win at the 1983 World Cup. The film also stars Deepika Padukone, Saqib Saleem, Amy Virk, Harrdy Sandhu, Jiiva, Addinath M Kothare, Sahil Khattar and Pankaj Tripathi, among others.

Advertisement
Source Link: https://www.ndtv.com/entertainment/icymi-updates-on-akshay-kumars-sooryavanshi-and-ranveer-singhs-83-2283905
asked in General Queries by Super-star (173k points)
77% Accept Rate

2 Answers

0 votes

Best answer

Some good news finally! Cinemas opening in Diwali seems difficult, but the makers are optimistic about it.

Though personally I feel SV should release in Christmas and 83 on Republic day. There is no other Bollywood film which is planning to release any time soon and with Radhe guaranteed to release on Eid next year, I feel this should be the back up plan for Reliance instead of releasing it on OTT.

answered by Art Director (3k points)
selected by

That what I said na ki competition will also be not there so it might not do that 100-120cr weekend but in long run it can atleast do 80-85% of what it should do in normal circumstances. People are hungry for entertainment man. Everything is going like it use to go before lockdown and only the entertainment section is suffering. Gov is allowing millions of students to appear in exams. Even the public transport other than long travel is back on track. So, I think people won't mind going to cinema halls knowing the fact that they cinema owners will take proper measures. Virus is still there and infact rising but people have started to care a lot lesser about it. And to some extent its right as well.

bro you cant compare necessity with luxury which entertainment is ,
but hope it release on theatre and performs good

Not at all thats why I said that it will take a little time but cinema will find a way during the corona times as just like the other things did. And I can tell you that SV and 83 will release in theaters only. No OTT platform in India can do justice to both of them and I believe makers very much know about it.

yes esp SV will be total waste on ott , but the thing is how long will makers wait

0 votes

If I were you I'd read Komal Nahta's article because his statement is more helpful. Raj Bansal or whatever his name is said in his tweet cinemas are not going to reopen soon. So I guess in Unlock 4 if that's what they call it in India is confirmed that cinemas will remain closed. I said this the other day that if both films release then the capacity is going to be low. So why are people still expecting 200cr from both movies as if normality will return by Nov and Dec? I don't know.

Link to Komal's article.

https://filminformation.com/featured/simultaneous-theatrical-ott-release-for-sooryavanshi-83-likely-21-august-2020/

answered by Unit Manager (36.1k points)

Related questions

0 votes
4 answers 271 views
271 views asked 6 days ago in BOI Update by Intense Super-star (173k points)