–1 vote

Fans are waiting for superstar Shah Rukh Khan's announcement for his next film with bated breath. While SRK has not made any official statement about his next project, an entertainment portal reported that the Darr actor is all set to kickstart the shoot of his next film Pathan in November, 2020 in UK. Excited? So are wePathan will be helmed by Siddharth Anand, who recently directed Hrithik Roshan and Tiger Shroff-starrer War. Apparently, the film will star Shah Rukh Khan in a titular role of a rooted massy character. Pathan will be bankrolled by Aditya Chopra's Yash Raj Films. source close to the project told Bollywood Hungama, "The pre-production work is going on in full swing, with the action board, shooting spots, character traits being discussed on a day to day basis on video calls. Shah Rukh Khan is all set to commence shoot for his massiest character till date by end of this year."Rumours also suggest that apart from Siddharth Anand, Shah Rukh will also collaborate with Rajkumar Hirani. However, the source claims, "He was to commence shooting for Rajkumar Hirani's social drama first, but Hirani being Hirani, is taking time to complete his script and it's a long way to go before he starts the pre-production. The Hirani film will arrive only in the second half of 2022 now."Reportedly, Pathan makers are looking at late 2021 release. "Sid A is on cloud 9 after the success of War, and Adi has entrusted him with one of his biggest production ventures in Pathan. It's a script loved by everyone at YRF, and it also has the elements to give SRK the confidence to choose it as his comeback vehicle," added the source

Source Link: https://www.filmibeat.com/bollywood/gupshup/2020/shah-rukh-khan-to-kickstart-shooting-of-pathan-in-november-2020-in-uk-302590.html
asked in Cinematic Discussion by Super-star (173k points)
77% Accept Rate

Shahrukh Khan Movies Not Cross Even One Cr Footfalls Now A Days Which Is Worried Sign.

Since 2016 -

1. Raees - 1,37,82,000

2. Fan - 84,71,000

3. Zero - 68,74,000

4. Jab Harry Met Sejal - 55,49,000

6 Answers

0 votes

Best answer

It seems everyone is planning for a "late 2021" release.

Pathan, Laal Singh Chaddha, Rakshabandhan and maybe Tiger 3. We might see an Ajay Devgn movie and another Akshay movie in between. Getting too cramped.

Anyway, all are rumours until SRK or YRF announces the film.

answered by Art Director (2.9k points)
edited by

Maidaan next year on Independence Day. Thank God will shoot on Sept and I expect it to come in 2021. Hope he gets both these out of way so that Kaithi remake and YRF film can come in 2022 but they need good release dates.

Next year Independence day is a waste honestly.

And can't really say the release dates he is planning. Kaithi was supposed to come in February, so pushing it to 2022 doesn't make sense.

He also has RRR to come. Not to forget, other speculated films like DDPD 2, Raid 2. Also he might be shooting for a web series, Luther remake. Not finalised, but I read this somewhere.

But both he and Akshay have to sort out their release dates. Having 4-5 films in a year may not work this time.

0 votes

Whenever SRK releases his film, hope it will be 2 films a year.

Pathan + some other film in same year will be good.
Similarly Hirani + some other film another year..

answered by Camera Operator (12k points)
0 votes

not a good choice , srk obviously don't care to read the script , anand cannot be trusted completely

srk has lost the trust of the audience after doing some atrocious and pathetic movies continously for a decade

its better he does this movie,if at all, post hirani's movie as that might recover some good for him

Stick to HIRANI

answered by Location Manager (6k points)

Hirani movie will come in 2022. The idea is right. Doing big action entertainers. But the title needs to be changed. Or else be ready for protests and bans and twitter trash.

I feel the Hirani movie should be shot first and released next year. He needs a sure shot blockbuster and Hirani is the only director who can ensure that.

Siddharth Anand might have given a huge Blockbuster in War and a decent entertainer in Bang Bang, but doesn't mean Pathan will be equally good. He needs the solid blockbuster so that he can bank on that goodwill with the next project.

So Hirani film followed by Pathan (agree, got to change the name of the film), should be the way to go for him

0 votes

He will be shooting the movie in London, UK. I hope he has come to his sense as far as choosing better scripts. I'd would lower my expectation unless the film good.

answered by Unit Manager (36k points)
0 votes

They need to change the title it doesn’t sound good ...well I can easily guess another kachra movie on the way ...

answered by Camera Operator (11.9k points)
0 votes

Shahrukh Khan Since 2015 -

1. Dilwale - Semi Hit

2. Fan - Flop

3. Raees - Semi Hit

4. Jab Harry Met Sejal - Flop

5. Zero - Flop

• Next Movie Release In Year 2021 (Pathan)
answered by Assistant Director (42.4k points)

Related questions

0 votes
5 answers 419 views
+1 vote
1 answer 284 views
0 votes
9 answers 424 views