+1 vote

For years, Ajay Devgn and Aditya Chopra were at loggerheads with each other, but two years ago, they called it a truce and everything has been peaceful ever since. The superstar and the producer have remained in touch and their relationship has only gotten better from there onwards. But now, we heard something that will surprise everyone. 

Ajay and Adi have decided to take their friendship one step forward and will now team up for their first film together. Yes, you heard it right, Ajay who, in his 29 year old Bollywood career, was never seen in a YRF film, has signed his maiden venture under the banner. A trade source confirms the development and shares, "Ajay and Adi were in talks to collaborate on a film for the last one and a half years. They finally locked in on a project which will be their first together. Rahul Rawail's son Shiv Rawail has been signed on by YRF to direct his debut directorial and for the same, the producers have locked Ajay in the lead. Details about the same are not yet known as the project is completely kept under wraps." There were a lot of rumours that Akshay Kumar was roped in as the hero for the film but our trade source confirms that Ajay was always the first choice. 

But this film will also be part of the YRF 50 announcement, our informer adds. "The team at Yash Raj are planning a grand line up of some massive films being announced to commemorate YRF's 50th year in Bollywood. The movies include Tiger 3 with Salman Khan & Katrina Kaif, Siddharth Anand's next starring Shah Rukh Khan & Deepika Padukone, Victor Acharya's comedy with Vicky Kaushal and now, the Shiv Rawail project that stars Ajay." Official announcements of the same is expected in a few weeks from now, on Yash Chopra's birthday (September 27).

Source Link: https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/exclusives/exclusive-ajay-devgn-team-yrf-and-aditya-chopra-first-time-signs-shiv-rawails-next-555850
asked in Cinematic Discussion by Art Director (3k points)
86% Accept Rate

Apparently this movie was to be done by Akshay Kumar but now has been replaced by Ajay Devgn. But this article refuses this.

Anyway, the line up of releases for Ajay gets better. His first venture with YRF.

4 Answers

0 votes

Best answer

Wow, this so exciting and couldn't be more happier as a fan. Ajay Devgn will work YRF for the first time ever in his 29 year career. He almost worked with them when he was offered Darr but he wasn't ready to play a negative role that time. It's great he patched things up with them hence looking forward to this duo.

Ajay Devgn's line up is terrific e.g. Maidaan, Chanakya, Kaithi remake, Golmaal 5, Singham 3 and now YRF movie. Little bit reluctant about Thank God directed by Indra Kumar but I want remain positive and hope for the best. He may do Suheldev biopic in a few years time with Om Raut directed Om Raut as part of Unsung Warrior series.

So much fun and my mood has brighten up today : )

answered by Unit Manager (36.1k points)
selected by

Ajay Devgn's movies need good release dates, especially Kaithi remake. This deserves a Diwali or Gandhi Jayanti is good despite a possible clash. About Angoor remake, Rohit said years ago he wants to cast SRK but he has signed two movies. By 2022, Ajay's dates will available for Golmaal 5 and I expect Singham 3 happen in four or five years time. Don't forget a hint for Singham 3 is in Sooryavanshi as Ajay said the answer for the sequel is in the film.

@nikeel when will chanakya start ? it was announced a while back

Supposed to start this October but due to the current situation, it's delayed and may start next year. Ajay has to finish off Maidaan, Thank God and Kaithi remake first before he shoots any other film. Whenever Chanakya comes, it will Neeraj Pandey biggest Hit. Interestingly this movie was supposed to be made Dilip Kumar as Chanakya and Dharmendra as Chandra Gupta directed B.R. Chopra in the 80s.

chanakya tv series is perhaps the best television serial ever made in india , neeraj and ajay have very big task to match chandraprakash dwivedi masterpiece but if done right it can be a landmark movie in indian cinema
i hope he makes it after maidaan it is already my most awaited movie along with BM

+1 vote

With Huge Hits like Tanhaji, Phool aur kaante, Golmaal4, Pyar to hona hi tha and Golmaal3 Ajay devgan will always have upper hand against his competitor Akshay kumar. I hope with YRF film he utilise his pull potential.

answered by Location Scout (4.5k points)
0 votes

his first yrf venture could have been a yash chopra movie opposite sunny deol 27 years back ,but he declined it

anyway rahul rawail directed some good movies back then so good luck to his son and ajay

answered by Location Manager (6k points)

Right I forgot about Kaal.

i am most interested in Chanakya

it has potential to be both an excellent movie and a blockbuster as they have lot of material to play with in that movie

Which film was Ajay and Sajid supposed to do?

Remo D'Souza one starring Ajay Devgn & Sooraj Pancholi. Ofcourse initial cast were Ajay Devgn & Tiger Shroff.

0 votes

Brillant for him. Amazing line up ahead. Him and Akshay seem to be having the best line up of movies.

answered by Super-star (173k points)

Related questions

0 votes
6 answers 304 views
–1 vote
2 answers 142 views
+5 votes
4 answers 240 views
240 views asked Apr 30 in Cinematic Discussion by sanjeeva Art Director (3k points)