–1 vote
Even Americans  Europeans aren't that high on feminism.
asked in Cinematic Discussion by Cinematographer (90.1k points)
75% Accept Rate

The BEST film of 2020.

And yes that includes all the Hollywood films released this year.

@Jatinder that is no competition know if you mention this year's Hollywood. Ofcourse I haven't watched Bad Boys For Life & Onward yet but even then they aren't coming near Thappad. And The Invisible Man is the pick of the lot which again won't stand a chance opposite Thappad. That leaves us with Dolittle, oh that damn scene involving probing.

Birds of Prey was actually fun. Wish it had did a little more at the box office. Definitely better than the likes of Shazam.

–1

Hope this movie brings oscar for Bollywood
Not much movies releasing this year...so competition also less...oscar coming finally

+1

@Sihan let them send it.

The purpose is for the people to finally atleast acknowledge the what's right & wrong in terms of domestic violence.

6 Answers

0 votes

Best answer

i also hate this pseudo feminism and liberalism culture that is somehow spreading its leg in India now
india is the country with least divorce rates in the world what do they want 4/5 marriages for everyone like in west
violence against women is bad but that doesn't mean you break up your family and put a trauma on your child for a fight

answered by Set Designer (2.3k points)
selected by
0 votes

a typical liberal propoganda movie

thappad was such a hyper feminism crap from the trailer itself i cant watch that movie on gun point
but there are so many critics and liberals sharing these views and calling such movies masterpieces

they think all the traditional family structure in india is regressive but all that LGBT relations and sleeping around with 10 people is a sign of liberty and freedom

answered by Art Director (2.7k points)
edited by
0 votes

I dislike ultra feminists creatures.

But i will say that someone who indulge in domestic violence shouldn't go scott free, there should be repercussions.

I mean there is a difference between normal girl and boy fighting, they can even kick and punch and bash each other vs someone who thinks he can slap his life partner because he owns then and they can't say anything to them.

answered by Mega Star (225k points)

Mahn it was nowhere near violence...except for that slap he was really nice and cool guy..he was really frustrated and couldn't control himself..it's not like he went to her and slapped her...it was more like situational accident..if one divorce for that kind of accident...mahn marriage is no needed then..everyone should fukc and be happy...no commitment, no relation, no love.

If you think it was that slap which lead to divorce you are not even eligible to watch the film. It's not the slap that lead to events we saw but what happens after that. How Tapsee's character is expected to just move on.

That jerk didn't even apologised till the very end.

0 votes

I hate fake feminism and all those so called bollywood woke feminist including taapsee too but i didn't find anything wrong in the film to be honest i mean yeah normally such a thing won't happen but then again its a film so..

answered by Assistant Director (53.5k points)
0 votes

To each his own,but I loved the movie. I wasn't thinking of watching it, but it surprised me in a good way.

answered by Super-star (174k points)
0 votes

Best film of 2020. Period.

If you think it was that slap which lead to divorce you are not even eligible to watch the film. It's not the slap that lead to events we saw but what happens after that. How Tapsee's character is expected to just move on.

That jerk didn't even apologized till the very end.

answered by Super-star (175k points)
+1

Also to add he simply slaped her bcoz he thought he could remmber when he goes to the boss after promotion he says you were angry with me and slapped your wife why bcoz you couldn't slap me
He simply vented out his anger on his wife bcoz he thought chalta hain meri hi wife hai maar skta hai ye toh maan jayegi that itself is very wrong

Exactly.

Related questions

+2 votes
3 answers 190 views
+6 votes
3 answers 99 views
99 views asked Sep 26, 2014 in Movies by G.One Unit Manager (32.4k points)