0 votes

Esp when both movies were in single screen era

Border FF 3.7

KKHH  FF 3.56

https://www.boxofficeindia.com/movie.php?movieid=2514

https://www.boxofficeindia.com/movie.php?movieid=2678

asked in Box Office Discussions by Set Designer (1.8k points)
44% Accept Rate

Single screen era doesn't mean A, B & C centers were the same all over. The difference lies there as ticket rates are not uniform across the center's likewise there are many densely populated b & c centers.

but still 17 cr is a massive difference equivalent to collection of hit movies back then

it is srk movie....karan arjun record breaker interior B & C me thi tab bhi kam ff...problem is that we dont have cetnters data of those movie to cross verify in which centers these movie worked....I still remember center like akola, amrawati, chandrapur which are considered to be B nd C centers where kkhh was rock steady with above 90% collection for first 6 weeks....it was awailable on IBOs site...now they have hide...now whatever boi says u need to believe

4 Answers

+1 vote

Best answer

It was Tukka by BOI
Waise KKHH old BOI me BORDER se upar tha (adj. Inflation) me
Prr admin change to FFs change

answered by Production Designer (13.4k points)
selected by
Prr admin change to FFs change

haha aisa bhi hota hai kya

+1

hmm... that means allegations people put on boi for favouritism is not totally wrong

How did you know that admin changed?

+1 vote

Ticket rates differ in differ cities.

Besides, if you check the data for 1997 & 1998, the ATP in '97 was Rs. 17.92 & in '98 was 19.66.

That's close to 10% increase in ATP.

So it's possible for such a difference to take place.

answered by Set Designer (2.2k points)

bro at that time movies got hit verdict in 12-15 cr collection itself which account to 1.2 cr + footfalls

Yeah I know that. But what's your point?

You asked why there is a huge difference between the gross collection of both films.
Reasons are differing ticket prices in various cities and how the ticket prices went up by 10% in 1 year, so at lower footfalls, getting higher collections was possible.

hey ,i only asked bro yes it is possible but that 17 cr difference account to nearly 1.5-1.7 cr more footfall so even by some factors , kkhh should still be more by atleast 50 l footfalls imo
judwaa that time had 13 cr collection with 1.36 cr ff

Yes i realised you asked the question later on. Edited my comment.

Also, the difference between the 2 films is 16cr GROSS, not nett. in 1997-98, 16cr Gross films had around 85lakhs footfalls.

I am just speculating about increase in ticket prices since the ATP for KKHH is Rs. 22, which is more than the yearly ATP of 1998 of Rs 19.

Or just assume that BOI messed up.

+1

That's close to 10% increase in ATP.

lol.....it is boi who is increases 10%.....aise thodi hota tha ticket prices increases every year that too with 10%....especially in 80s and 90s...it was only increased hahk released...after that it was stable....hardly useed to increase some cinema that too 2-5%....and kkhh also did phenomenon business in small cities....exhibitors are not fool to hike in love story movies, this is simple common sense...infact border was in huge demand because of action and big budget movie, ATP must have more than kkhh in b nd c centers compare to kkhh..

yes , border was the first movie in my town to have 50 rs ticket which was very high for that time infact i saw movies like don in 2006 on first day on 50 rs ticket

k3g was the first movie of which i have clear memory to watch as a child , even with that massive hype ticket were not above 40 rs

0 votes

Follow BOI for figures not for footfalls , there is a massive bluffing in that scene

answered by Location Manager (5.3k points)
–2 votes

footfalls are highly debatable in boi

answered by Art Director (2.7k points)

akki himself is debatable..lol

Akki is tier 5 star.

Related questions

+5 votes
3 answers 150 views
150 views asked Mar 3, 2014 in Opinion by srk army Production Designer (13.4k points)