+5 votes

Dabangg 3 just about managed to get 1 crore footfalls despite the failure of the film. This means that Salman Khan had just one miss in the gone decade where only one of his films failed to hit the 1 crore footfall mark. One crore footfalls is basically a real 100 crore nett value at the box office be it 1970 or 2020. Obviously today 1 crore footfalls means much more than 100 crore nett box office and in a few years it will give even more as ticket rates go higher.

One crore footfalls also means reaching an audience although some films need to reach a bigger audience due to the size of the films and most Salman Khan films come into this category. The one miss was Veer (2010) which was his first release of the decade and became before Dabangg (2010) which established his image of a mass action superstar across India and then films like Bodyguard, Ready and Ek Tha Tiger rubber stamped this image. Veer actually scored in Rajasthan and Bihar but Salman Khan was not the same star at the time of this release as he was a year or two later. 

Basically just one film under 1 crore footfalls through the whole decade means most of his films got an audience irrelevent of content. If we compare then Aamir Khan had one film which fell under 1 crore footfalls in the 2000-2009 decade but there were just nine releases and Manoj Kumar had one miss in the 1970-1979 decade but only ten films. Limited films had a hand in not missing the 1 crore mark for Aamir Khan and Manoj Kumar. 

The Salman Khan films of the last decade are also finding big audiences on television in the lockdown period especially the two Tiger films. As far as OTT goes its being said that these B and C grade web series which have foundations based on sex and profanities rather than story and screenplay are the rage in the lock down period but just the price paid for Salman Khan starrers which is around 100 crore is enough to tell what has a bigger audience. Tiger Zinda Hai, Race 3, Bharat and Dabangg 3 have all fetched this price or nearabouts it.

The footfalls of Salman Khan starrer in the last decade are as follows. There were sixteen releases in total.

1. Veer (2010) - 73,47,000

2. Dabangg (2010) - 2,50,86,000

3. Ready (2011) - 1,84,52,000

4. Bodyguard (2011) - 2,21,48,000

5. Ek Tha Tiger (2012) - 2,47,39,000

6. Dabangg 2 (2012) - 2,05,28,000

7. Jai Ho (2014) - 1,43,98,000

8. Kick (2015) - 2,41,92,000

9. Bajrangi Bhaijaan (2015) - 3,54,17,000

10. Prem Ratan Dhan Payo - 2,22,76,000

11. Sultan (2016) - 3,20,85,000

12. Tubelight (2017) - 1,15,74,000

13. Tiger Zinda Hai (2017) - 3,08,89,000

14. Race 3 (2018) - 1,58,19,000

15. Bharat (2019) - 1,60,68,000

16. Dabangg 3 (2019) - 1,01,63,000

Source Link: https://boxofficeindia.com/report-details.php?articleid=6058
asked in BOI Update by Location Scout (3.6k points)
90% Accept Rate

Prdp - 2,27,63,000 hai......,

@Ajay BOI articles is exempted for having typos. Chalta hai.

The only good thing i found in PRDP was seeing Salman in Royal avatar.
On the day of its trailer release i was in my cousin's marriage but waited to watch it as soon as it got released ...

2 cr plus average footfalls for a movie for a whole decade, wonderful.

16 Answers

+3 votes

Best answer

There is some serious domination there. D3 has been one big failure, but its been a decade where he's enjoyed no clashes and managed to maintain his megastar status. I hope he makes some good choices in the next decade though. Some of his future choices aren't inspiring enough.

answered by Super-star (174k points)
selected by
+2 votes

9 bb out if 16 films.. and even a prdp is thought to be an underperformer..what a decade. A film like race 3 getting more than 1.5 cr ff shows the stardom.

answered by Art Director (3k points)

Total footfalls 331181000
Any actor have more footfalls than Salman bhai
How many Akshay Kumar have footfalls

+2 votes

So Bharat is at 1.6cr and D3 1.01cr Fair enough.
An Action movie like TZH and Crap like R3 doing those numbers shows his solid Starpower.
15 Consecutive movies with 1cr FFs that's a lethal record and probably an All time record too.

answered by Assistant Director (56.8k points)

I wonder why he is inflating Race 3 footfalls. Also reduced Baaghi 2 and Saaho for some reason.

+1

You just cracked D3
You were saying 1cr ffs when BOI was saying D3 missed it

+2 votes

its better he stay away from pd and that farhad lolji

answered by Location Manager (6.2k points)
+2 votes

Suddenly some people who were questioning BOI on every article they publish are defending it with all they have in their power. Such a turn of events. I like it....

answered by Production Accountant (27.9k points)

I was waiting for someone to comment this!

And I was waiting for an article like this.

+1 vote

Salman's 5 B2B Blockbusters from Dabangg to Dabangg 2 were described by BOI as 2nd best after Rajesh khanna ..
Later he went on to give 3 movies with 3 crore footfalls in 2015, 16 & 17 ...

answered by Cinematographer (95.8k points)
+1 vote

stardom is still there, but needs to pick better movies.

don't know how he went from Kabir Khan and AAZ to Prabhu Deva and Farhad Samji.

answered by Executive Producer (66.8k points)
+1 vote

Best Decade By Any actor In The History Of Indian Cinema After Amitabh Bachchan In Terms Of Stardom

answered by Assistant Director (42.4k points)
+1 vote

I see many crying here over dabangg3 crossing 1cr footfalls.

Well salman khan is biggest star in single screens , where footfalls are not to easy to count bcoz of the capacity , sometimes single screens records over capacity crowd so final footfalls comes little higher than expected.

It will be seen only in salman khan starrers as nobody else is close to him in single screens or in interiors.

Remeber that article from BOI - only 4 films in the history has done 100cr business in single screens , Bajrangi Bhaijaan , sultan , tiger zinda hai and Bahubali2

answered by Location Scout (4.6k points)

Talking about the RESPONSE not RECEPTION

me too....response was fantastic on initial week in smaller centers of up and bihar....are bhai compare JHMS and garve ff they u will know....forget it compare ff of tere naam and jhms..and see difference...

Response equals to WOM

wom was 10 times better than D3 especially in smaller centers and initial wise it was 100 times bigger....but ff just 59 lacs just 4 lacs more than JHMS...

0 votes

163001 of d3 tickets were bought by harminder

answered by Camera Operator (11.5k points)
0 votes

15 consecutive 1 cr footfalls movie and not out*.
And Manoj Kumar
Aamir Khan
Salman Khan.
Another triad of just one movie in a decade less than 1 cr footfalls

answered by Editor (89.5k points)
edited by

Aamir Khan and Manoj Kumar don't have 15 Consecutive 1cr ffs movies

Edited

0 votes

If D3 was srk starrer then footfall might have stopped at 0.99, 1.99. 2.99 cr......since Harmnder wanted just only one miss in entire decade to club with Manoj kumar and Aamir khan he has managed it....mangal panday which was historic on day one, weekend and almost week record has less than 1 cr ff but here D3 opening was of the half of top opener, weekend and week and managed 1cr ff.....wah paaji wah....

simple maths

in terms of collection

d3 (36% of Dangal) footfalls are 27%

mangal panday (37% of gadar) footfall are 16% only...

answered by Location Manager (5.7k points)

@Sandeep collection to badh gaye leking ff pahle se bhi kam ho gaye.....for ex. janwar did did 11 cr in 1999 with 90 lacs ff while andaz did 16 (5cr more) with 79 lacs ff..andaz ff should have come some where between 95-1cr considering increased in atp...and garam masala did 29 cr with 88 lacs ff when collections were 18cr higher (more than double) than jaanwar but ff are still lower than later..

You have no source except assumptions
That's the thing
And better movie will always have better ffs isn't a universal truth.

You have no source except assumptions

yes, I dont have but it is simple thing to understand

And better movie will always have better ffs isn't a universal truth.

yes true but not all the time....here case with all the movie be it better, bad, comedy, action, romantic or masala ...there is not a single movie from 2003 - 2005 have touched 1.4cr footfall, whether it was record opening day, weekend, week, week 2 etc...isnt looks something fishy....when collection were higher or almost equal compare to 2-3 years old movies...till 2002 every thing was perfectly allright..but from 2003 to 2009 boi has messed up with ff...

@Roman its an obvious thing and the fact is footfall of adjacent the decade which are quite high when compared to the 00s. How can something like that happen that every movie had so much lesser footfalls?

0 votes

If bharat footfalls is 1.6cr then it is safe to say War is 2.3cr+ and Tanhaji may be 2.4cr

answered by Location Manager (7k points)
0 votes

A 1 cr footfall flop. People have Hits/Superhits/Blockbuster around that number and this man.

The one and truly MEGASTAR.

answered by Assistant Director (41k points)

Yeah it did 72 cr weekend and thats a huge underperformer for Megastar.

Akki in his golden period has not done that. Trend toh Ayushman ki movie bhi kar jati hai, opening toh bass superstars hi dete hain ;)

Some movies work and some don't. But when Megastar's movies work, they go upto 339cr.

The guy you're gunning for, at his best, with all the gimmicks and Reshma Shettys goes upto 200.

And in the same period if you adjust for inflation and ticket prices, it goes upto 400 cr.

This my friend is the difference between a Megastar and the star you're fan of.

You can type whatever you want, deep down you know he's not eligible for such discussions because, ahmmm the 0 ATBBS, 0 HGOTYs, 0 300 cr grossers, 0 2.30 cr footfall movies.
Deep down you're just hurt that he's just hobbling around that 200 number which The Khans were done by in the year 2014.

And when the star whose I am fan of is at his peak, he scores almost 200cr 4times in a span of 14 months, thats is what other will take even a decade to do. Deep inside I know that if it was not for YRF, AAA and Kabir Khan than last decade for bhai would have been repeat of a decade before. When a star after coming back in a franchise film playing an iconic character (which again is acc to you people only) on a Christmas can't give a hit or say can't even cross 150cr then his fans calling him MEGASTAR looks laughable to me. Wo chodo Bhai good content movie Bharat ko bhi 200cr paar ni kara paya jabki Akki made it happen with possible the worse movie he ever starred in (this is what you people were saying around the time of Diwali).

Tu rehne de bhai LOL

Apni 200 cr wali duniya me khush reh

0 votes

Biggest Megastar indeed since amitabh

answered by Production Accountant (28.4k points)
–3 votes

Great Decade 2010s
Bad Decade 90s
Disaster Decade 2000s

Overall Average

answered by Art Director (2.7k points) 3 flags

90s of Salman greater than whole career of nri actor

–2

uff itne downvotes that too for saying truth

compare toh kar agar himmat hai toh BOI k data se..90s of Salman>>>>>akki

90s where Madhuri and Bajratiya helped

Related questions

+3 votes
8 answers 311 views
311 views asked Jan 12, 2019 in BOI Update by being_tanveer Production Accountant (28.4k points)
–3 votes
3 answers 186 views
186 views asked Mar 28, 2019 in Box Office Discussions by Tom Cruise Camera Operator (9.7k points)