0 votes
asked in Cinematic Discussion by Art Director (2.7k points)
63% Accept Rate

9 Answers

+2 votes

Had this movie released on any festival results would have been 15-20% better. Its trending was one of the best for front loaded movies.

answered by Production Accountant (27.9k points)
+2 votes

Really enjoyed this movie! Akshay in an Action Comedy movie is pure gold. it's been 8 years since he did a movie in this genre (except Boss to a certain extent, but that was embarrassing).

Now he will be back with Bachchan Pandey. Hoping for him to recreate the RR magic in this film!

answered by Location Scout (3.6k points)

Holiday bhai that movie had one of the best action in bollywood movies last decade.

Yes, Holiday was another great film. But it was more of an action thriller than a comedy film. I am eagerly waiting for him to do a full fledged action comedy role. Khiladi 786 and Boss were very disappointing. Hopefully Farhad Samji does a good job with Bachchan Pandey.

+1 vote

Ah, the time when cop movies were such a rage and masala genre was revived, the post Dabangg era. I liked the movie in parts though. The scene were Vikram Rathore fights off the goons pre interval was nice

answered by Super-star (174k points)
4 Years of Mega Superstar Akshay Kumar's Housefull 3
+1 vote

Loved everything about the Movie - complete Masala entertainer....

Loved the Comedy

..the Music

..the Dialogues

..the Action

..Asli Masala Fauladi Cinema!!....

answered by Unit Manager (32.5k points)

Its posters were just marvelous with that hindi tag....

yes they had those old school pre 90s feel to them

+1 vote

One of the most entertaining movies last decade. Akshay doesn't do these kind of movies now. With the new good will he earned now rr2 and also holiday would've crossed 200 cr easily.

answered by Art Director (3k points)

Adjusted for inflation, RR is worth almost 270cr today and Holiday is around 180cr. So yes, if these films had released today (preferably on a festival), they would have been huge hits in his career.

0 votes

Only thing bad about this movie was that big forehead Sonakshi. Everything else was on point.

Loved it. Loved the action, comedy amd everything.

answered by Assistant Director (41k points)

Haa matlab Sonakshi fits it well there where you want Herion just for the sake of it. Where director knows that it doesn't matter who plays that role so they cast Sonakshi as all the main attention is on leading actor. Big herions like Actress like Deepika, Kareena and even Katrina won't accept such roles and one from younger lot won't make a good match so they cast her anyway.

Masala entertainers need a heroine for name sake. A romantic angle, few songs and then get kidnapped by the villain.

A heroine is essential for such movies because without them, the commercial elements (the romance, songs) will be missing. But leading heroines will not do such roles anymore.

Bt Sonakshi has got many solo heroine projects under her belt. She's just a huge misfit.

The looks and the talent are of a side heroine but she gets lead roles.

If she had the looks of katrina then she'd be ruling. Salman and akki would have made sure of that

I am quite surprised how Sonakshi managed to stay afloat this long. Pure luck to be a part of Salman, Akki movies, got a KJO movie last year with Kalank. I hope she quits soon. She is intolerable.

0 votes

complete masala entertainer...........

answered by Production Designer (13.5k points)
0 votes

Dabangg aftershocks.

answered by Editor (89.5k points)
0 votes

a total dhamakedaar entertainer my most watched movie last decade along with Sanju

answered by Location Manager (6.2k points)

How many times have you watched Sanju btw?

i think 3 or 4 times in theatre .
rr 2 times in bhopal on same day , and 2 times in delhi

Related questions

–2 votes
8 answers 337 views
0 votes
8 answers 247 views