+3 votes

I watched it first on Star Plus. Though not on my list of liked movies, it was well, one of those films Star has forced fed us viewers. After many misses, I succeeded in catching the film & below par VFX aside, it was good to see Javed Jaffrey. Our own version of Gulliver's Travels. Otherwise, the poor vfx took the interest away. 

Share your experience of watching J2M2 aka Jajantaram Mamantaram [2003] for the first time?

Where did you watch this film? In theater or at home?

If you haven't watched it yet, are you planning to give this one a try?

Original Trailer -

asked in General Queries by All Time best! (280k points)
99% Accept Rate

6 Answers

+1 vote

Best answer

I watched this movie before i knew about Gulliver's Travels.

I might've watched it first time with my friends in one of my friend's house.
At that time we liked it, afterall it was targeted to us and from the reaction of my friends, i guess we lapped it up. Rest i don't know.

I then saw many years later the Gulliver's travel with Jack Black, interestingly, i prefer this one, not that one.

I haven't watched it for so many test now, don't know if i would like if now, but from the memories i have, chances are, i might.

answered by Mega Star (225k points)
selected by
+1 vote

I've heard of this movie. But nah not seen it.

answered by Super-star (172k points)
+1 vote

Same here i too saw this on star plus & found it funny in some scenes especially in the fights b/w Aditya & Jhamunda & boring in the other parts ..

answered by Cinematographer (94.5k points)
+1 vote

I watched it for th first time in childhood on star plus
It was a rainy day so i couldn't go out to play so i turn on the tv and i saw this playing and i started watching it as a kid i loved the film infact my whole class loved the film
At tgat time things like vfx didn't bug me so it was a no issue
Don't think i will liked it as much now but still good children's film

answered by Assistant Director (53.4k points)

Star Plus, entertaining kids with J2M2 since ages.

Yup star plus used to air a lot of movies for kids back in the days even hollywood dub ones i remember they went all out to promote avatar hindi dubbed version premiere and it indeed did create a lot of buzz with my whole school talking about it

+1 vote

Watched this when I was in Class 3. I still remember the Gumsum Gumsum Hai Kyun Aajkal song. Hahaha. Good old childhood movie.Its a good integration of guliver travel and bakasur in 2000s era with good editing and lovely story.

answered by Assistant Director (56.3k points)
0 votes

Bakwas................

answered by Production Designer (13.2k points)

Related questions

+2 votes
1 answer 44 views
+4 votes
8 answers 139 views