+1 vote

Opening up on why is there no official announcement about the release date of Laxmmi Bomb yet, the trade source says, “The team needs a month to prepare the project. A bit of post-production work remains and they are waiting for the lockdown to get over. The producers have taken a joint decision on calling the most minimum number of people to get their film ready. So the film won’t hit the OTT platforms at least till a month after the lockdown is lifted. So the release date isn’t decided yet.”

The source further said that even though the film is going to skip its theatrical release, the Akshay Kumar starrer has already made a lot of money for its makers. The same source further told the portal, “Usually digital rights of a big film get sold at record prices of Rs 60-70 crore max. But since this film won’t have a theatrical release and will be straightaway sold to digital, they have fetched a huge price. Laxmmi Bomb has been sold for a staggering Rs 125 crore. But while the number is huge considering digital rates, what one must not forget is that it had the potential of earning over 200 crore at the box office, despite a clash with Salman Khan’s Radhe. So the total revenue that the team will make out of it, is much less.”

Source Link: https://www.koimoi.com/bollywood-news/akshay-kumar-laxmmi-bomb-goes-the-ott-way-for-this-amount-heres-all-you-need-to-know/
asked in Box Office Discussions by Production Designer (13.2k points)
46% Accept Rate

all akki fans would only subcribe and watch this so its better they do a rental fee of 100 rs instead of amazon subscription

Not Amazon. It will be Disney+ Hotstar.

haan to uspar bhi rental fee hi rakhna chahiye i.o subcription

9 Answers

0 votes

Best answer

this is so unfair this movies was a sureshot hit plus akki being the number 1 actor today this was again a 200+ grosser
all akki fans would only subcribe and watch this so its better they do a rental fee of 100 rs instead of amazon subscription
anyway agar eid par clash ho jaata radhe se to score 5-0 se 6-0 ho jaata

answered by Art Director (2.7k points)
selected by

are bhai dabangg se pehle waali mostly sab side role waali hi hai

Oh btw Dabangg kab cross hone wali hai

non holiday par 120 kab cross hone waala hai

Jab 2.25 cr footfall cross hoga

0 votes

Yeah line kuch Hazam nahi hui" one can not forget is that it had d potential of earning OVER 200CR at the boxoffice, despite a Clash with Salman khans RADHE" bhai Akki kumar movies doing at max 200cr with overperformance and this retard writter writting anything he wants to

answered by Production Accountant (28.1k points)
0 votes

Expecting Sooryavanshi, Radhe, 83 etc to follow.

answered by Super-star (172k points)

Cinemas will reopen in the UK from July. So there's still hope that those films you mentioned will release between Aug and Dec in India. I've said this before that overseas market has to open first.

Read the article about Cineworld reopening in the UK.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/breaking-cineworld-says-plans-reopen-22098647?fbclid=IwAR2lPeNMhoQvdBeZ5mSjuMWO-E4wCWsEksw4dfXmJoX0TMsp7dqMkTVYEug

Hmmmm. I left the UK in Jan itself. Haven't been keeping much track. It's good if the overseas market opens up.

0 votes

jab tak brahamastra relase nahi hogi
no new bollywood movie for me unless srk releases his movie before it

answered by Camera Operator (11.4k points)

yes brahmastra is my most awaited movie too it will be a path breaking movie in indian cinema

0 votes

So he will never cross 3 idiots(non-inflated).... Thanks

answered by Editor (80.2k points)

Non-Inflated? Housefull 4 did it know.

par aamir ko jarur 2 baar aur debut karna padega akki ki hits stardom aur fan following karne ke liye , tier 2 star below rishi/mithun lol

Lol..please dont compare aamir with megastar..since the 90s there's been only one megastar and he is rajiv bhatia

0 votes

LOL. WTF. Who has paid whom?

Disney owns the film's theatrical and non-theatrical rights both. Why and Whom will they pay?

answered by Super-star (175k points)

Isn't a OTT release a loss for Disney since its happening on their own platform

That's why they are not confirming it because it's unlikely that anyone will subscribe for just Laxmi Bomb.

0 votes

You forgot to add MEGASTAR before Akshay Kumar. Not fair. You must keep the joke alive

answered by Assistant Director (40.9k points)

Like the way you keep your ignorance alive???

0 votes

Mega Superstar Akshay Kumar will rock in OTT too.

answered by Second Unit Director (75.1k points)

Mega Superstar never given a single highest Grosser of the year and never given 2.2 Cr footfalls film in it's whole career.

But still, he is Mega Superstar.

Yes in your dreams.........

I am beyond the dreams. I am just here to make you wake up from the ignorance of stupid comparisons.

0 votes

I still don't think they will release the film online. If any of the top stars release their films on OTT, then it would cause a huge war between the producers and exhibitors.

Of course the producer can't keep waiting until the lockdown ends, but in the meeting that took place between all the leading producers, it had been decided to not release any of the big star films and that no 2 films would clash at the BO whenever the theatres re open. All this according to reports.

Ab kitna sachai hai pata nai, but I still think LB won't skip theatrical release.

answered by Set Designer (2.2k points)

Sanjeeva, issue is even if theaters reopen, people won't go. Plus leaving one seat empty and following social distancing means theatres won't run to full capacity. For big ticket movies, that is anyways a losing proposition. I doubt seeing the scenario as of now, that the likes of Sooryavanshi, Radhe, 83, and others would release this year.

You know how the people are in the country. When liquor stores opened, people acted like crazy! So for movies, I believe people will flock to theatres as well once the lockdown ends.

The 50% occupancy thing will hamper collections, but I really don't expect any of the big films to release in this time frame. A film like Sooryavanshi or Radhe which will get 4000 screens easily, will be collecting numbers which a 2000 screen film gets. 15-20cr per day for such huge films.

Yes, even I don't see any chance of any of the films you mentioned releasing this year. Best case either Diwali or Christmas, and that's wishful thinking, almost impossible to implement.

Also, these big films are backed by huge production houses and corporates like a YRF or a Reliance Entertainment and they can bear the extra cost of delaying. Even Fox Star is a huge brand name and since business involves maintaining good relations with the exhibitors as it helps in the long run, I don't see the point of them releasing LB. It will affect them later on in some way.

I think things will become clearer once the theatres in the South start opening up. The cases are lower there and might be opening before Bollywood films. The smaller films of course. This might give a clear picture as to public's response to a new film releasing.

The same response will be expected for Bollywood films and then the producers can take a call. As of now, all major films will release next year, best case Diwali or Christmas.

However desperate we all are to watch these films, I still want these films to release on the big screen, irrespective of which actor.

Same here. Everything aside big stars need to have a theater release. LB all set for a ott release. Who knows....radhe and Sooryavanshi might have a clash on xmas too. Clashes are going to get common now.