+2 votes
The festive slot of Eid became synonymous with Salman Khan over the last 11 years ever since the release of Wanted in 2009.

The tremendous success of that film was followed up with consecutive Eid releases in the form of Dabangg,Bodyguard and Ek Tha Tiger, which proved to be equally successful. The actor gave Eid 2013 a miss making way for Shah Rukh Khan’s Chennai Express, however got back to his slot in 2014 with Kick, following it up with Bajrangi Bhaijaan, Sultan, Tubelight, Race 3 and Bharat. Most of his Eid releases took over the box-office by storm, and this year too, he was gearing up for a treat for the fans in the action thriller,Radhe. The release has eventually been pushed owing to the on-going coronavirus pandemic. While major chunk of the film has been wrapped up, around eight – 10 days of shoot and post production work still remains. In an ideal scenario, Radhe would have opened at the box-office today. Looking back at the slate of Eid releases, trade analyst Taran Adarsh points out, “2013 and 2020 have been exceptions on Eid as Salman didn’t have a release. I don’t think Wanted was planned as an Eid release, it just happened. But over the years, it has been phenomenal. Eid has brought in big revenues for Salman Khan and the two go hand in hand.” He goes ahead to inform that given the box-office clash with Akshay Kumar starrer Laxmmi Bomb at the box-office this year, he anticipated nothing but fireworks. “It was a big clash, but it has just fizzled out,” he opines.

Cinema Owner cum Distributor, Raj Bansal, from Jaipur believes that both audience and trade have missed out on entertainment this Eid. “We will be losing big chunk of money this Eid, as every Eid we made big chunk of money out of Salman Khan’s films. In-fact, I have released Tiger Franchise, Sultan and even Radhe was my release in Rajasthan. So we will miss on some income as a distributor.” He further reveals that before 2009, Diwali was the most lucrative window for film release. “But after Wanted followed by Dabangg, Eid got equal prominence, and now it has gone bigger thanks to string of releases by Salman Khan,”

Ask him about his personal expectations from Radhe, and he answers, “It is an action studded drama, and Salman has always excelled in action. I was looking forward to huge numbers this Eid.”

Cinema Owner cum Distributor, Raj Bansal, from Jaipur believes that both audience and trade have missed out on entertainment this Eid. “We will be losing big chunk of money this Eid, as every Eid we made big chunk of money out of Salman Khan’s films. In-fact, I have released Tiger Franchise, Sultan and even Radhe was my release in Rajasthan. So we will miss on some income as a distributor.” He further reveals that before 2009, Diwali was the most lucrative window for film release. “But after Wanted followed by Dabangg, Eid got equal prominence, and now it has gone bigger thanks to string of releases by Salman Khan,” Bansal admits adding further that Salman will keep taking a lead when it comes to Eid releases in the future too.Ask him about his personal expectations from Radhe, and he answers, “It is an action studded drama, and Salman has always excelled in action. I was looking forward to huge numbers this Eid.”
Source Link: https://mumbaimirror.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/trade-on-radhe-release-every-eid-we-made-big-chunk-of-money-from-salman-khans-films/amp_articleshow/75893041.cms?__twitter_impression=true
asked ago in Cinematic Discussion by Super-star (170k points)
77% Accept Rate

3 Answers

0 votes

Best answer

Not having a Salman Khan movie on Eid is so disappointed

answered ago by Editor (87.1k points)
selected ago by
0 votes

every eid..?? Every Eid..?? EVERY EID..??

answered ago by Mega Star (224k points)

yes... Yes... YES.

There is always the bunch outside Salman Khan Films + Co-Producers who made a lot of money with every EID release including Tubelight.

Come on, there have been losses to some distributors even with Kick or even Bajrangi Bhaijaan. Talking about sub-distributors. So logically the above statement holds good.

Knew about Kick but where did BB faced loses..??

It's just business TB. Not every stakeholders are treated equally. Just like how returns aren't uniform across, even the investment won't be. It is not just with these films, same story everywhere.

0 votes

bhaijaan you donate 90% of your income
then do one more charity and release radhe on ott for free for all your fans
otherwise i wont celebrate eid

answered ago by Camera Operator (11.1k points)

Related questions

+7 votes
4 answers 56 views
+1 vote
5 answers 366 views
+3 votes
4 answers 219 views