+2 votes
asked in General Queries by Art Director (2.8k points)
70% Accept Rate

No idea. But it was a pretty informative site.

9 Answers

0 votes

IMO it was the best movies site very interactive plus it actually involved its users with qna and other things unlike boi which simply gives a article and does no other regular interaction
there was a site with same layout , something bollywood tna but i am not sure its running now
also i heard someone among its main editors died not sure though

answered by Location Scout (4.7k points)

Yes..sadly i got to know about it just before jhms..and then during judwaa 2 it got closed..and then didnt know about this forum..followed bollyarena for some time and then this year got to know about this one.

@Karkarot you were quite late mahn because few members here were also the members of forum that a guy named Rohit owned. It was developed around the release time of Don2. Later when it stopped working many users even made their very own ones. Finally, we got to this one. Where were you for all this while?

Well i didnt care or know much about box office..still i dont but now i atleast have an idea..i would've joined earlier if i knew about this forum..mainly got interested about the box office after dangal's huge success and previously just used to watch different films. And why was that rohit's forum closed?

Umm I don't know exactly as it was abrupt but later I came to know from the members that he had some monetary issues.

0 votes

Nah no idea but i really liked indicine although they used to give producer fig. But still their QnA used to be fun then suddenly they just stopped

answered by Assistant Director (53.4k points)
0 votes

The guy was wuss. Got few threats and left the site.
An associate of mine tried to purchase the domain but he think he will revive the site one day so didn't sold it.

answered by Super-star (175k points)

Threat but from whom and why??

I am told from some fans, I didn't enquired any further so yeah. Still seems like a coward as I don't think Bollywood has hyper fans.

Yup atleast we are better in that sense from south industries

0 votes

it was salman fan made site......I asked them nischay and chandramukhi in salman's filmography but didnt even reply......they used to published thir article exactly 10 minutes after boi does...same copy paste article with twisted words.....if boi says movie is doing better in east the indicine word would be movie is doing excellent in kolkatta, shilliguri, bhubneshwar etc....they didnt had their own knowledge...

answered by Location Manager (5.6k points)

Get an idea sirji, indicine had very good knowledge of box office.
You mayn't agree with me, Himesh Mannkad (I hope you know him) said indicine had better reach than him. You may ask him (and 99% he will never reply like Indicine)

utna knowledge to har kisi ko hai jo daily online rahkar box office news collect karte hai....checj their article on opening of the they will publishes exactly after boi with additional 5%...their first day estimation also comes after boi's commentory with with one or two cr more and next day they will follow producers figure with lame excuses like night show didnt perform well or good...the day boi dont publish numbers they also dont publish..anyway dont mind if u like that chindi site....in fact yakuza from bollybusiness has more knowledge about box office but he was partial to some star and hates somes...he hides many thing whome he hates...

Lambodar might be but their predictions were quite good..i remember they predicted padman to do 80 cr and even tepk 135 cr...other sites predicted that it would do 200 cr but indicine was correct at that time..also their interaction was the best...they used to answer nearly 50 questions. Also i didnt feel they were biased...just that salman was going so strong st that time so they didnt have any option.

Indicine had sources and quite strong too. Problem starts when we think someone isn't going with our way of narrative. They are the only one I know after boi who had contracts with area wise distributors, there are many instances when they have given early estimates before boi which something none has given successfully all the time,even boi's figures aren't 100% authentic only producers know the correct figure. So they used to follow producers unless there's not huge difference.
Even boi blunders in occupancy and collections , thing is they're the most popular site till 2016and their qna was extremely popular among all social media users, they're very informative and yakuza used to follow indicine not the other way around.

0 votes

The guys who handled that site are dead in car accident.

answered by Second Unit Director (75.1k points)

Really? How did you come to know??

0 votes

I heard he's dead not sure though.

answered by Assistant Director (56.2k points)

He left the body.

0 votes

Best site for box office prediction and answers from Tuteja and others were fantastic.

answered by Editor (87.7k points)
0 votes

It was better than biased boi.

answered by Set Decorator (1.4k points)
–2 votes

It was Fan Made site

answered by Production Designer (13.4k points)

Related questions

+3 votes
2 answers 2.1k views
2.1k views asked Sep 24, 2017 in General by hasan Production Accountant (24.7k points)
+4 votes
5 answers 218 views
218 views asked Feb 20, 2017 in Movies by Kowsigan Second Unit Director (75.1k points)